Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 11:45

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2018, 09:26 

Hi,
I don't know if it is a suitable forum, if not, please forgive me. I want to have a discussion here.
Gaming on a laptop or desktop computer is one the most discussed topics amongst intending, beginning and also veteran gamers who have been gaming only on laptops or on desktops for a very long time.

Are gaming on laptops and gaming-desktops the same thing or are there differences that could facilitate a change in a machine? Are the differences between gaming laptops and gaming desktops enough to result in a preference? Should you get a gaming laptop or a gaming desktop?

Update: These are some of the most common problems for gamers, I found the answer from this article, which provides a very comprehensive comparison. Anyone can read this article: https://oscarmini.com/2018/08/gaming-laptop-vs-desktop.html

Last edited by veena on 04 Dec 2018, 04:21, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2018, 15:47 
Editors
Editors

Gaming Laptops are for people who are limited in Space.
Especially in Asia where you don't have enough space to but a seperate Tablet + Computer somewhere a lot of people love Laptops because if you add a Mouse you can play almost like on a normal PC.
The latest generations Laptop Gaming GPU's are so powerfull, they really are on Desktop level.

But there will always be advantages from Desktop over Laptops.
The free choice of Displays, the posibility to go pure bonkers with performance and cooling and the comfortable setup you're used to play and sit.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2018, 06:36 

I think it is true that Gaming laptop is ok for the people who don't want to go outside. Both are having its own advantages of playing a game in it. As we can play any type of video game on the laptop.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2018, 22:13 

Well in my opinion between gaming laptop and gaming pc this is what i think,

Gaming laptops are good for people that

1. have limited space (as mentioned by haldi)
2 people that travel a lot or move a lot
3 (i might be wrong on this one) people that don't wanna spend a lot of money on graphic cards cpu's etc

imo laptops this generation are very powerful but of course desktop still has advantage in performance the bad thing is that it's very hard to move a desktop from one place to another and set it up again, and this is where
laptops win because you don't have to set it up etc the only thing of course is that it you need to only play near a electricity outlet due to the battery.

desktops

1 good for people that don't move a lot
2 good for people that want to spend a lot of money in order to get extreme performance and benchmarks
3 good for people that want to modify their pc and customize their tower
4 good for people with a lot of space in their house or room

when ever you see the most powerful gaming pc it will always be a desktop
because it's easier to set it up with graphic cards and watercooling where in a laptop it's gonna be very hard to do watercooling or cool setups like dual graphic cards due to the limited space
another good thing about desktops is that if you have enough space you can buy 2 more monitors for a triple monitor setup or just buy a single ultrawide monitor.
a con about gaming desktops is that it's way more expensive.
a gaming laptop will cost you like 2000 ish max, but a gaming desktop however with all the components, fans, tower and everything depending how much performance you want will easily cost you more than 5000 or more.
that is if you want all the new technology from this year like the rtx 2080 ti and i9 9900k.

But at the end of the day it's not about which one is better, it's about which one you feel more comfortable and happy with.