Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 16:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2014, 17:38 

Hi everyone

So for a while I have been contemplating a move from my 3x24" 6750x1200 setup to 4K 3840x2160 single 55"
As you are probably aware finding decent triple screen benchmarks outside of this community is rather hard and finding one that would compare both is even worse.
That's why i wanted to ask if anyone has any experience or maybe has decided for such a "leap of faith" in the past?

I would be most interested in performance drop between two above mentioned resolutions - I know surround is 7MB 4K is 8.2 so on th paper does not show as a huge drop but I know math is not everything. Any information (or at least some good links please) would be greatly appreciated.

Screen I'm thinking of upgrading to:
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN55F9000AFXZA

I'm gonna be naming my first born after a person who helps me out with this one :lol:

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2014, 23:53 
Founder
Founder

I actually just got the Dell 28" 4k monitor a couple weeks ago. A few of us got together and out a handful of games through their paces. The 30Hz can be limiting in some situations, so go for 60Hz.

Comparative analysis abs benchmarking is something I plan to fire up soon. What game should I start with?