Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2014, 04:59 

Own a samsung p2770hd 27" LCD HDTV monitor/HDTV 1920x1080p 60hz(love it)
Looking to buy a LG Ln325300 LED HDTV/HD monitor 1920x1080p 60hz with 120hz (Mci)
Motion clarity index with triple xd engine

But 120hz or higher displays give me bad headaches
Would the lg tv do the same? It's true refresh rate is 60hz

Bad bad headaches,nausea,dizziness,motion sickness etc
*even if I watch for like 3 mins
I HATE that soap opera effect on anything movies tv shows
They're already been recorded at 24 or 29 fps
Why would you want more? It doesn't even add more fps
It just "guesses" and adds a "more fps look"
Basically shuffles/displays pictures(frames) faster
(Like a deck of cards you aren't being given more fps
You're just delivering the cards(frames) faster

I'm not The only person with this problem a bunch of
people on the Internet say the same

I don't think 75hz is a problem,tho 60hz is probably best
I game up to 120 fps on 60hz without any issues
No headaches etc no screen tearing either,the only game I've seen
With screen tearing is mount and blade idk why,all other games
I play are perfect I sometimes use Vsync with games and they work well

I have amd dual graphics crosss fire x sapphire Hd 6570 1gb ddr3 with hyper memory
Paired with an amd APU A8-3820 hd 6550 512 mb ddr3

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2014, 14:32 
Editors
Editors

Sorry but my english is not the best, I don't get your question.
Could you rephrase your question in one sentence?

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2014, 14:46 
Editors
Editors

If your brain doesn't like high refresh rates, just ban them from your environment. You can always disable MCI or whatever the 120Hz mode is and enjoy regular 60 Hz on the fancy TV.

The interesting thing about 120Hz is that the picture is retraced twice as often than at 60Hz, which is a great way to eliminate ghosting. It's great for games too because it lets you actually play at 120fps, while 120fps at 60Hz is basically 60fps (the display can only show up to 60 different frames every second, even though the system may actually push a lot more).
120Hz does not always feel right, though: most movies look better with a "natural", slightly blurry transition between frames. So you're entitled to hate it :)

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2014, 10:10 

I and a bunch hate high refresh rates,I've seen some tvs with up to 900hz
I haven't bought a new tv yet,will soon I sold my samsung p2770hd
What's the difference native,static,and dynamic contrast ratio? What's the difference between refresh rate and response time? What's the difference between hdmi 1.3 and 1.4? What is a "high glossy" tv? What does 16.9 million display colors mean ?and why does it matter? What is Brightness 300 cd/m2. Do many tvs still use USB 2.0 ports? Or are they now mostly 3.0? Does more watts in the built in speakers mean better sound?

Ty

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2014, 09:11 

try running the screen in game mode with motion clarity disabled, Motion clarity creates fake frames (frame interpolation) which easily leads to motion sickness. ie the soap opera effect of things looking smooth but unnatural. Almost everyone would disable it and most hate it, especially for gaming.

It can also increase mouse lag.

3 x 42 inch screens @5860x1080
16 gigs xmp ram @2200

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2014, 00:53 

So I bought a samsung un32eh5300 32" smart hdtv
It looks good I just need to finish looking at the full features & specs before I review it
Cost $299.99 plus tax at worst buy (they're 14 day return policy is a joke) walmart n target offer 90 days worst buys 30 or 45 day return policy for "elite or elite plus" numbers is stupid anyway the tv just cost me around $ 80 dollars
I sold my p2770hd for $200 bought a $306 gift card from someone for $250 and are the difference
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN32EH5300FXZA
The tv still produces that same luxor 3 error
Since all modern samsung displays generally use the same edid infonation for the last 6 to 7 years

I'm still trying to find out the contrast ratio static dynamic and native for the tv
Also if the USB ports are 2.0 or 3.0 and kind if hdmi ports it uses
Is it true that all hdmi ports are the same? The only the cable version matters? A samsung rep told me so which I think is incorrect. I don't think an old CRT hdtv with old hdmi ports like 1.0 can use or fully use hdmi 1.4 or 2.0 the official hdmi site says the features are on the hdmi chip and most likely can't be upgraded

Does anyone know if I can use a HiGH SPEED hdmi cable 1.3,1.4 or 2.0 cable on the tv with my PC? Will the color depth be better/higher? Will the sound or picture look/sound better? ATM I'm using an oem hdmi cable i assume 1.3 standard 6 feet that came with my p2770hd what does more bandwidth mean? Besides higher resolutions. My color depth should be 24. I think it doesn't say on the tv. Not all tvs tell you that signal information