Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: NVIDIA FLEX
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2013, 19:10 

I just saw this video, and it...well...it got me all hot and bothered, especially the wave physics at the end. I kid you not, it had me talking like I was getting lucky. I just couldn't help myself :D

"Personally, I see it as a virtue - trying to make the world a slightly better place _without_ trying to impose your moral values on other people. You do whatever the h*ll rings your bell, I'm just an engineer who wants to make the best OS possible." - Linus Torvalds

Post subject: Re: NVIDIA FLEX
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2013, 21:11 

It is pretty cool. On the other hand, I fear it may suffer from the same problems as PhysX: Nvidia exclusive and not impressive enough for the performance toll it imparts. Don't get me wrong, Batman and Borderlands 2 do some cool things with PhysX, but in terms of things that actually effect my enjoyment of a game it's only above Tessellation and Ambient Occlusion.

Post subject: Re: NVIDIA FLEX
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2013, 16:03 

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. Still, it's just really nice to see a progress surge in that area. It's something I'd been looking forward to for a while. I had a dream about a surfing game based on that last demo. It was sweet :D

"Personally, I see it as a virtue - trying to make the world a slightly better place _without_ trying to impose your moral values on other people. You do whatever the h*ll rings your bell, I'm just an engineer who wants to make the best OS possible." - Linus Torvalds