Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2013, 03:51 

In the market for a new card. I'm upgrading from a GTX590 (ugh!) and I'm leaning towards one of these two cards. Both will be on water and both will be overclocked as much as possible. I primarily play BF3, and eagerly await BF4 and the new frostbite engine. I also play some racing games.

I'd appreciate any info from owners of these cards. I know the 690 is outperforming the Titan in BF3 benchmarks, but is the 3 gig VRAM (x2) going to be enough to handle the high res textures of tomorrow's games? I know the 6 gig will. Most benchmarks are showing the TItan getting mid 40s frame rates at Ultra settings at 5760x1080 set at Ultra. That doesn't give a lot of wiggle room for an even more demanding games. That said, the single GPU solution is more elegant and I'd avoid any SLI issues, including micro stuttering.

They cost damn near the same, (looking at EVGA Hydro Copper versions) so I'm really torn on my choice. I'm leaning towards the titan, but I don't want to be let down after dropping over a grand.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Overclocking results are helpful too, but I'm sure google can help there as well.

Thanks all, this forum has been really helpful to a relatively new widescreen gamer!

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2013, 00:06 
Editors
Editors

Quote:
That said, the single GPU solution is more elegant and I'd avoid any SLI issues, including micro stuttering.

You said it yourself ;)