Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 07:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2013, 14:13 

I am not a (general public) multiplayer guy. I can enjoy a LAN party or online multi with close friends only, but would rather have a root canal than to play with the general public. Since I hate multiplayer, I don’t get deep into the details of the subject, so I’m not understanding the “bottom line” on what is currently going on with many games.

Battlefield 2 had the option to play single-player on the multiplayer maps against bots. Or you could host a game and control all the options. For “Bad Company 2”, I can’t find any option to do that or even host your own game.

I’ve been doing some reading about it, though again, I don’t fully understand the “bottom line”. I JUST WANT TO PLAY the maps by myself without doing the campaign. If not, then create my own multiplayer game with the options I want. I read that BC2 doesn’t have those options, and that you have to rent a server from them to do the latter. However I kind of read something about that being only for “dedicated servers / ranked servers”, etc.

I don’t give a crap about ranks, perks, competition, etc. I JUST WANT TO PLAY the maps by myself without doing the campaign. Is that not possible with BC2? I refused to buy Diablo 3 for that reason. I hear this is what many current games are doing. Is this true? So what, I’m going to have to NEVER BUY ANOTHER GAME if I don’t like multiplayer with booger eating morons?

Thanks.