Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2011, 11:16 
Administrators
Administrators

Yello, I've changed this thread to a discussion thread, owning to a change in race date, rules and a few other things, please go to this thread to register your interest: [#16984]

Anyone who has already registered here please go to the other date, check the dates are OK for you and register again. :)

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2011, 14:35 
Founder
Founder

The WSGF will "officially" sponsor the event and give away a copy of Driver: San Francisco via Steam. Only additional requirements is that you have to be a member of the WSGF Steam Group and on my (Ibrin's) friend list so I can gift the game.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2011, 19:28 
Administrators
Administrators

The WSGF will "officially" sponsor the event and give away a copy of Driver: San Francisco via Steam. Only additional requirements is that you have to be a member of the WSGF Steam Group and on my (Ibrin's) friend list so I can gift the game.

I like this :)

Would be down for a race, need to get me a class B car yet, I am a bit of a noob at shift2, but should be a good laugh :)

| Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WiFi Skt2011 | i7 4820k @4.4GHz Watercooled (Ivy Bridge-E) | Corsair Vengence 32GB @2133MHz 11-11-11-27 2T Quad-Channel (8x4GB) | AMD R9-Fury-X 4GB @1140/505MHz + EKWB Watercooled | 256GB Crucial MX200 SSD | 8x 1TB Samsung F3 SATA-II | Corsair 850W TX PSU | 3x Dell S2209W 22"wide TFT's (5760x1080res) | Logitech Z-5400 5.1ch speakers | Win7 Ultimate x64 |

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2011, 02:59 

I'd love to join, sounds like a really good idea, but I don't have the game. If you need a cameraman for it, I have the triple monitor setup, ssd to record the footage onto, and a 980x that could handle the footage sufficiently...still though, no game >_<

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2011, 12:18 
Administrators
Administrators

I'd love to join, sounds like a really good idea, but I don't have the game. If you need a cameraman for it, I have the triple monitor setup, ssd to record the footage onto, and a 980x that could handle the footage sufficiently...still though, no game >_<

Thanks for the offer but recording really is a none issue, I wouldn't be trying to set this up if I couldn't do the recording myself:
Need for Speed: Shift 2 (Triple Monitors / Eyefinity / Surround) [~4K]
My channel

Thanks for offering up a prize Ibrin, since I'm setting up the race in the event that I win the reward will go to whoever comes second.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2011, 12:12 
Editors
Editors

Id be down for this but dont have shift 2.

Id suck so bad anyways lol since I have not played a racing game in well over a year. My poor G27 is all dusty.

I cant believe I didnt get Dirt 3 since I loved Dirt 2 so much, but the G27 just is not a good wheel for Dirt with that awful noise it makes and its a pain to hook up and undo every time I want to race wish I had kept the cheaper momo wheel it was much easier to hook up, just as nice feeling and didnt make that gear grinding noise.

The cool thing about if I got in is that I can record also and we can combine the videos to have 2 points of view and use up some of that extra screen space that will be unconsumed due to the wide aspect ratio vs 16:9

I would consider it a co-cast video and those are great because it floats traffic between users. I have been doing a few co-cast recently and they are a lot of fun.

I also have my mumble server free for everybody to use as VoIP during the event. Even if i do not make the race because I dont have the game I will share my mumble server if it is needed.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2011, 13:34 
Administrators
Administrators

Shift 2 actually has a replay save feature, and also allows players to share their replays with people on autolog, so its perfectly possible to have recording from everyone on the grid so long as everyone saves the replay and shares it.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2011, 14:54 
Editors
Editors

Oh, then if I was you I would definitely take the bit of extra time to fade from person to persons point of view in the video. Make it much more personable and dynamic also reward those that participate some as they are people and not just AI so seeing from every-bodies POV will personify that variable a lot more.

Post subject: Let's burn some rubber!
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2011, 11:24 
Insiders
Insiders

Sign me up :)
11:00 - 00:00 CEST (09:00 - 22:00 GMT) on Saturday is fine
15:00 - 00:00 CEST (13:00 - 22:00 GMT) on Sunday
class B alright.

Edit: CEST = UTC + 2, GMT = UTC, BST = UTC + 1

Asus P8Z68-V Pro | i7 2600K @4.5GHz Watercooled | 16GB Corsair @1600mhz | ATI 6970 2GB Watercooled | 64GB Crucial C300 SSD | Corsair 1200W AX PSU | 3x Samsung SyncMaster 2443 24" 3600x1920 | Microsoft Sidewinder X8 | Win7 Ultimate x64

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2011, 03:53 
Administrators
Administrators

I was hoping to buy this game but I can't get a copy in time and Steam is ridiculously overpriced for it (3 times what I can get it for locally!). Bummer, sorry.