Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 08:50

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: 25 May 2012, 05:48 

Sorry for the question, I am missing somethign I guess. Can you see farther with the windowed fullscreen mode when it goes wide? Or does it make it higher resolution but keep the same field of view?

Thanks!

Sorry for the question, I am missing somethign I guess. Can you see farther with the windowed fullscreen mode when it goes wide? Or does it make it higher resolution but keep the same field of view?

Thanks!

u can see a little further in landscape wide screen, and just higher res and a bit bigger with portrait IMO. Its not really made for multi monitor so in landscape alot of it is dark and some backgrounds are missing on the sides. Still a good experience.

After playing in both Portrait and Landscape, I would say Portrait looks much better

PostPosted: 25 May 2012, 07:24 

I was playing till yesterday on single screen but I thought I'd give it a try with the full screen windowed mode. I play at 6036x1080 with a 7970.

It is playable, it adds to the immersity and also you can see a lot more on the sides, such as where to go, extra monsters that havent seen you yet etc.

What I dont like is that you miss the chat, some friends were talking to me and I wasnt seeing anything. If you are trading/selling/repairing you have to move the mouse all the way from the left screen to the right and vice versa and its annoying.
Also the minimap is on the far right which is annoying as sometimes when you are close to a waypoint it will blink and you wont see it.

I am really disappointed in blizzard, why they dont add support for this great game when its 90% done anyway, all is missing is some menus etc.

PostPosted: 25 May 2012, 14:51 

After playing in both Portrait and Landscape, I would say Portrait looks much better

Really?

Well as a portrait mode user, I am happy to hear that. I thought something was being messed up due to me using Portait mode :)

PostPosted: 28 May 2012, 15:54 

A few questions about Diablo 3 here.

So what I'm getting is the wsf is only for ppl using 3D @ 5760 X 1080p ?

Crossfire is not working with the resolution set to window mode @ 5760 X 1080p?

Crossfire is not working when you go into the ini and set the resolution to 5760 X 1080p?

Is there a way to run 5760 X 1080p Eyefinity and get crossfire to work?

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012, 21:36 

yes, you can use Hayden's Flawless Widescreen Fixer. You have to set the in game video options to fullscreen (not fullscreen windowed), and depending on your monitor setup you will need to adjust the settings on the flawless widescreen fixer ui itself (such as 3x1 monitors). I still use the changed config file b/c I was having an occasional white out blink on my active DP port monitor when using this program in game. Otherwise, worked great, but you still can't change position of in game ui (such as chat box,inventory etc).

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2012, 20:25 
Insiders
Insiders

I have some good news for Helifax and HaYDeN, the first round of bans went out for Diablo 3 today with the launch of the RMAH. I have used both of your guys fixes and I did NOT get banned. I am curious to see if any one else might have been, but as far as I can tell it's clear sailing.

EDIT: There seems to be a new update too. *le sigh*

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2012, 22:05 
Insiders
Insiders

I have some good news for Helifax and HaYDeN, the first round of bans went out for Diablo 3 today with the launch of the RMAH. I have used both of your guys fixes and I did NOT get banned. I am curious to see if any one else might have been, but as far as I can tell it's clear sailing.

EDIT: There seems to be a new update too. *le sigh*

1st part great news!!!
2nd part sucky news:)) need to update it ;))

w.k.r
helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 06:57 
Insiders
Insiders

Hey guys, curious if we are going to get an update for the latest release or if your still waiting on it since the RMAH hasn't launched in the UK yet.

edit: nm for some reason i had to reload the fix from hayden for it to get the newest ver.

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

Post subject: Kayden wrote:Hey guys,
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 12:12 
Insiders
Insiders

Hey guys, curious if we are going to get an update for the latest release or if your still waiting on it since the RMAH hasn't launched in the UK yet.

edit: nm for some reason i had to reload the fix from hayden for it to get the newest ver.

I checked it last evening. I didn't see any updates in Europe yet. I also saw dopefish updated the plugin with the latest release of WSF. Isn't that one working for you?

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 12:29 
Insiders
Insiders

Both Flawless Widescreen and Widescreen Fixer have been updated and are working with v1.0.2.9991 so take you're pick.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next