Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 17:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: DIABLO THREE!
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2008, 19:23 

The original core Blizzard team is all over the HL title and it shows, awfully bad game, a real let down IMO.

while flagship might be made up of ex-blizzard people, there's no way in hell HL would actually have shipped like it did if it had been published by blizzard. that, i think, is the big difference.

hell, even in the shape it's in today it still might not be ready for blizzard to release.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2008, 04:40 

cant wait for this one played D1 D2 & D2 LOD hopefully they don't release too late. btw saying they're working on D3 rather than SC2 is nonsense they have their own teams for each game, plus they've been working on D3 for almost four years now 8)

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2008, 14:39 

I love RPGs but Diablo holds a special place in my heart. It's a great game for playing for an hour or two after a long day at work... mindless point and clicking. I played an Amazon on Diablo 1 and a Necro on Diablo 2. Diablo 1 almost gave carpal tunnel, I had to learn to hold my mouse better.

Anyway I'm glad to see Diablo 3 is coming. I would expect there is no way it will support multiple monitors but we'll see.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2008, 17:17 

I played D2...I remember how distasteful it brought all the monsters back after I had worked so hard trying to get somewhere...if you clear out a level...they should stay dead!

The game was kinda fun, but you have to admit...it was hardly an RPG.

hopefully it supports better graphics...

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2008, 18:22 

I played D2...I remember how distasteful it brought all the monsters back after I had worked so hard trying to get somewhere...if you clear out a level...they should stay dead!

Its like any RPG isnt it?

Better than some. Monsters only respawn if you quit. Some games actually have them respawn after a certian time which is truely horrible.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2008, 19:44 

Calling Diablo 1,2 an RPG is like calling Flying Shark a flight simulator.

Or Donkey Kong, an interactive documentary on the life of the big ape in Africa.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2008, 20:09 

Diablo 1 + 2 = garbage, we'll see how 3 is.

Post subject: I figured there was a D3
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2012, 08:29 

I figured there was a D3 thread in General, damn, that long huh?

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03/09/diablo-iii-shelves-pvp-to-make-launch/

Blizzard announced today that Diablo III's PvP is not living up to the studio's standards and that it will be removing it for now in order to keep the game on track for launch.

Is it getting close to pushing that button time? That red button?

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2012, 10:26 
Insiders
Insiders

I don't care to much for pvp, so if this decision helps releasing the game sooner, I am all for it.

Philips BDM4065UC(3840x2160) Acer Z35(2560x1080@200hz); 980 Ti Hybrid @stock ; 6700K 4.6ghz (1.35v)/D15; 16GB 3200mhz; Asus Maximus Ranger VIII; AX860; 1TB 960 EVO; 750GB 840 EVO; Teufel Concept D 500; Sennheiser HD6XX; Windows 10 (latest build)

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2012, 21:03 

Feeling trolly today.

-Sir! Sir! The Great Activision has spoken! The Great Activision is angry! Our decision to cut PvP has brought much wraith upon us! Shall we sacrifice another intern?

-Don't be a fool! Right now our agents are spreading the word of how Diablo III is PvE at its core and that we made this decision because we care about quality.

-But what if they don't believe us sir? What if they realize that our casual skill system and play-to-win features make balancing nigh impossible?

-Well...

-And what of the Great Activision? Won't lack of PvP make the masses more likely to realize the always connected to Battle.net requirement is done for targeted marketing and to encourage them to spend their wealth on our online services? Wasn't PvP one of the primary reasons people used Battle.net to begin with?

-Hmmm...

-I will get another intern sir!

-Wait. I have an idea. We will hold back some content from release and then include it in a patch later and say it is free for our "loyal Battle.net users".

-Like we did for Diablo II?

-Yes. Exactly.

-And then they will worship us as they should?

-Yes.

-And what of PvP sir?

-Screw it. We will wait to see what Borderlands 2 does and steal that.

-That is brillant sir! It just might work!

-It better. For if it doesn't, this could be the end...the end...of the world...

EDIT - I got my Overlords mixed up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next