Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2006, 05:16 
Editors
Editors

IIDX, from another thread.

Exclusive: Hands-On with PlayStation 3

Kikizo just posted an article that appears to be the first ‘hands-on’ review of the PS3. In the article, all of the anonymous sources offer their impressions based on final PS3 dev kits.

Edit: I just re-read it…no mention of a unified on-line service. Also, what happend to the 1080p?

Source: MN

IIDX, i´m no fanboy either but I don´t listen to posts like CodE-E wrote :D. He is just trying to be funny or something.

» PS3 Delay: Blu-ray Issues
Article posted by XanTium | 22-2-2006 15:44 | Permalink
» Comment article

This article suggest the PS3 will be delayed until August mostly due issues with the Blu-Ray drive:

Sony will postpone the scheduled launch for its PlayStation 3 (PS3) game console from this spring until August, as the company is facing several issues with its production plans, especially concerning its inclusion of a Blu-ray Disc drive in the PS3, according to Sony's Taiwan-based contract manufacturers.

According to Sony's company spokesperson, although the AACS LA (advanced access content system license administrator) was expected to finalize its copy protection specifications this month, members of the Blu-ray Disc were not satisfied with the level of copy protection and the release of the standard has been postponed.

Dunno if it is true but there are some info over here: http://www.ps3scene.com/. You will have to take it with a grain of salt.(is that the right expression? :D)

If I like some games on the PS3 when it is out I might buy one. Just like with nintendo revolution(have some high hopes in funny party games with the new controller). I´m not a fanboy of a particular brand and thinks that it is the best. I buy what I think have some entertaining features. Same with the 360. But still PC is my primary gaming rig.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2006, 05:40 

I didn't read that whole Kikizo article, but I call big time B.S

First of all, why would some unkown, little web page get a hands of with the ps3 when none of the big places have yet? Also, why didn't they post any pictures of the system or screenshots that aren't just official pics that everyone has seen already?
Finally, I'm all for freedom of speech, but that kind of article should be treated like journalism, not taking all these little pecks and stabs at the other systems saying this is better, that is better than 360 etc.

It just seems odd that some place had HANDS ON with the system when they are the only ones who had this, and could not post any info we don't already know.

Oh well, I have a gaming PC and a 360 and I'm perfectly happy to wait for Ps3. I had a PSX and a PS2 the day it came out, and I'm sure as heck going to have a PS3 and revolution when they come out too.

P.s- saying "take it with a grain of salt" is the right expression :P

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2006, 05:46 
Editors
Editors

I just wanted to tell you that I didn´t read it at all because I didn´t find it interesting enough to do yet :D

So no comment here :D

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2006, 06:23 

Just to get this topic slightly back ON topic.

The embargo on Oblivion preview information is being lifted at 12AM saturday.

It's 12:23 AM saturday in EST timezones, and the first preview is up (although it's a really bad preview...the guy knows nothign about TES series and tells us stuff we already know!!)

http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/22390

EDIT: Most big sites have hands-on previews up now, and most are very, VERY good. Check out IGN.com, it has two seperate ones, one for PC and one for 360.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2006, 06:07 

Yea, there is some new information out be what we get now is lots of hands on impressions. The devs still have some tweaking to do because as it stands, even on a P4 3.4GHz with an X1900XT there is still some stuttering at 1280 x 768 with AA turned off. Another figure I've seen was 20 fps on a 6600GT athon 2400 XP+ (don't quite remember cpu, but i'm close). We'll see when the game comes out just how optimized it is.