Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 12:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Crysis
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2007, 12:04 

Widescreen Grade: A
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: B
Multi-monitor Grade: B
4k Grade: Incomplete

Read Full Detailed Report - Crysis

Crysis is based in a fictional future, where an alien race has invaded Earth. The single player campaign has the player assume the role of Jake Dunn. Dunn is a United States Delta Force operative, who is armed with various futuristic weapons and equipment, most notably a "Nano Muscle Suit", which is an artificial and technologically advanced exoskeleton, inspired by the United States' Future Warrior 2020 program, according to Bernd Diemer, one of Crytek's senior game designers. In Crysis, the player fights both North Korean and extraterrestrial enemies, in four different locations: a tropical island jungle; an American aircraft carrier; inside an "Ice Sphere", which will consist of the same jungle, but frozen; and the alien ship itself, some parts of which will be zero-gravity.

4:3

16:10

16:9

21:9

3x1

Last edited by DubiZubi on 05 Feb 2014, 10:48, edited 3 times in total.
Edit

Post subject: Crysis: Detailed Report
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2007, 18:35 
Insiders
Insiders

==Singleplayer anomalies==

Remember to note that it's a demo, and the full version may or may not have anomalies.

==Multiplayer support==

Since singleplayer is natively hor + with no complications, we can assume multiplayer is too.

==Grading==

Calculated grade: B
Potential grade: Certified

Major unresolved issues:
Are 1440x900, 1920x1080, and 1920x1200 supported?
Does the full version have any singleplayer anomalies?

Minor unresolved issues:
None

Cranky's coverage estimate: 88%

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2007, 19:05 

1440x900 is supported.

Post subject: Custom Resolution
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2007, 09:16 

Hey guys,

I realise that the Crysis Demo natively supports widescreen, but for some reason or other the only native widescreen resolution I can select in-game is 1680x1050. Now being as beefy as the game is on hardware, I prefer to turn down the resolution just a notch and keep most of the eye candy on. The only other resolutions available to me are 4:3 (1280x1024, 1024x768, 800x600) which is absolutely useless when you want to maintain widescreen aspect.

I've had a look on the net breifly but no one else seemed to have my problem, let alone a solution for it, so I've come up with one myself.

After having a look at the resolution command line paramaters for Far Cry I copied them for Crysis. But it would seem they have changed the parameter padding. Anyway, to the point, start Crysis with the following command line, obviously substituting in your preferred width and height.

Crysis.exe +r_Width=1280 +r_Height=768

The only problem is that you have to click above the buttons in the menu to activate them, so I found using the keys to select menu options seemed to make it easier. Actual gameplay appears unaffected. If you have a solution for this minor problem please let me know.

If you are interested, this is how you would achieve the same result in Far Cry:

Far Cry.exe "#r_Width=1280" "#r_Height=768"

This whole issue may only be an issue with my system, I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has come accross it.

Matt

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2007, 11:06 
Insiders
Insiders

:?:

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2007, 14:16 

1920x1200 is supported. Great to see there are no problems with WS in this game, about time :P

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2007, 15:15 

i have the same problem mattdasplat, i only have my native 1680x1050 res, and the others are only 4:3

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2007, 16:45 
Insiders
Insiders

I realise that the Crysis Demo natively supports widescreen, but for some reason or other the only native widescreen resolution I can select in-game is 1680x1050.

Do other games natively support lower widescreen resolutions for you? Also, can you select them in Windows?

i have the same problem mattdasplat, i only have my native 1680x1050 res, and the others are only 4:3

Same question to you.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2007, 21:12 
Insiders
Insiders

Ok, I just checked the demo (it's totally unplayable on my system), and I can confirm that all widescreen resolutions are supported natively. But you missed something in the cut-scenes section. The demo has an FMV, and you're supposed to show comparison shots for that. I did it for you this time.

1024x768

1280x800

Based on these screenshots, it looks like widescreen is slightly anamorphic *and* slightly hor +. The black bars on the top and bottom recede some but not as much as they would if it was completely anamorphic, and the picture expands some on the side. So I made a composite picture to show what's going on. The widescreen shot is black and white, and the 4:3 shot is in color, placed on top of it.

This is an unusual solution, but I can't find fault in it. So I'll just grade it as if it were anamorphic.

==Grading==

Calculated grade: B
Potential grade: Certified

Major unresolved issues:
Does the full version have any singleplayer anomalies?

Minor unresolved issues:
None

Cranky's coverage estimate: 88.5%

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2007, 04:04 

Huh? where did you get that FMV from? =
Maybe it was on the first time I opened the game, but it was more a sort of a trailer than rather a FMV game-related.

Anyway, I totally forgot about it if it was really in the beginning and I didn't it was necessary to report about it.

MY BAD.