Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 17:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2015, 11:31 
Insiders
Insiders

Widescreen Grade: A
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: C
Multi-monitor Grade: C
4k Grade: Incomplete

Read Full Detailed Report - Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty is a faithful remake of Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee where the pre-rendered sceneries are recreated in real-time 3D without changing the original gameplay. It also replaces the single screens linked together of the original version into a true 2.5D side-scrolling game.

While there are various enhancements and details to the character and the scenery, the basic gameplay is still largely similar in a side by side comparison. The GameSpeak system Abe uses to command and talk to other characters start with the same commands, but can later be expanded. This version of the game supports leaderboards for the completion time of each mode and the overall game. There are three difficulty levels and the game. It includes the original cooperative function of the original game when another player can take over when the first player dies, taking turns controlling Abe.

4:3

16:10

16:9

21:9

3x1

Last edited by czarman on 12 May 2019, 19:56, edited 6 times in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2016, 23:20 

Hi czarman, first, thanks for your work ! I'm trying to use your cheatengine mod, it worked great on the beginning of the game, but since I'm in the forest, the hack does not work anymore, and makes the game crash when I die :/

I launch the game, get into the map, after that, I alt-tab and launch cheat engine, I open the process, open your file, then hit F2. What does i do wrong ?

Thanks in advance :)

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2016, 15:31 
Insiders
Insiders

Hi - looks like that they update the Game again - i created a New Version in the Attachment.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2017, 13:35 

Hi czarman, would you kindly explain, step by step, how to use your cheat engine fix? I'm getting wider FOV, but with horizontal black bars. GOG version 1.3.
Thank you.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2017, 07:58 
Insiders
Insiders

See Post here from scavvenjahh: http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 00#p161792

1) Cheat Engine is an app that needs to be installed for Cheat Table (CT) files to work. Once CE is installed, double-click the CT file to load it.
2) Now you need to launch the game. Then back to the CE window, click the flashing "computer search" button to select a process. Find the one ending with -NNT.exe, Open it and click Yes on the next pop-up window.
3) The CT is loaded, the process is hooked, Alt Tab back to Game.
4) That's it ! Press F2 to activate the aspect ratio fix. You need to do all this every time you play, but it's matter of seconds really.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2017, 21:46 

Hi czarman, thanx for your quick reply.
Unfortunately, I can't get it to work. When I press F2 while in game, nothing changes. Sometimes I got this after incidentaly switching to menu and back to game...

Attachments:
Bez tytułu3.jpg
Bez tytułu3.jpg [ 413.37 KiB | Viewed 9053 times ]

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2017, 06:49 
Insiders
Insiders

This Fix is only for Ultra Wide and Tripple Screen to get rid of the Vertical black Bars. It is a Aspect Ratio FIX not a FOV FIX.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2017, 09:49 

I'm UltraWide :) 21:9 2560x1080.
Actually, on picture attached above, you can see horizontal FOV wider than that with original resolution!
Playing without Cheat Engine gives me nice 1920x1080 picture filling entire display, no vertical black bars.
With Engine - like I wrote in previous post: no changes, 1920x1080 without black bars or occasionally wider FOV with horizontal black bars.

So, I think, I don't have to use CE, if it's not for changing FOV and I've full screen picture "out of the box".
Anyway - thank you for your help.

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2017, 21:53 
I have tried using this "hack" probably 10-15 times over the past couple years. Every time I try it, it does absolutely nothing, and I waste so much time trying to get it to work that I lose interest in even playing the game. When I follow czarmans 4 steps nothing happens. Such a disappointment. You are going to have to link a video of how to get this to work czarman. Your steps are too vague and there must be at least 4-5 steps missing. I finally created an account just to post this because of how frustratingly vague and broken this hack is after years of utilizing this website. I found manually editing hex's for Resident evil was a breeze compared to this "just press f2" crap.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2017, 12:59 

Guest wrote:
I have tried using this "hack" probably 10-15 times over the past couple years. Every time I try it, it does absolutely nothing, and I waste so much time trying to get it to work that I lose interest in even playing the game. When I follow czarmans 4 steps nothing happens. Such a disappointment. You are going to have to link a video of how to get this to work czarman. Your steps are too vague and there must be at least 4-5 steps missing. I finally created an account just to post this because of how frustratingly vague and broken this hack is after years of utilizing this website. I found manually editing hex's for Resident evil was a breeze compared to this "just press f2" crap.

same here, I have followed the steps but nothing happens when finally pressing F2