Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 00:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2017, 20:22 

SpikedSouls wrote:
LuPoNe wrote:

Found another instance where I experience flashes, worse than before: while landing on Havarl, the screen goes black for almost all the landing with brief flashes of the Tempest descending at the beginning, and then showing it at the end.

May it be something with the lighting?

Tried to replicate this... did not encounter such an oddity...

can you try to set the game to a 16:9 resolution, exit, then restart the game, land on havarl, go back to the Tempest, set the game to a 21:9 resolution, exit the game, then restart it and land on Havarl again?

somewhat lengthy process, sorry, but it should reload the shaders...

I'll try, thanks for the tips!

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2017, 10:13 

Got another instance of it not launching correctly and causing a beeping noise took a video as well for reference https://youtu.be/ZSXuBtoocGw

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2017, 18:33 

SpikedSouls wrote:
LuPoNe wrote:

Found another instance where I experience flashes, worse than before: while landing on Havarl, the screen goes black for almost all the landing with brief flashes of the Tempest descending at the beginning, and then showing it at the end.

May it be something with the lighting?

Tried to replicate this... did not encounter such an oddity...

can you try to set the game to a 16:9 resolution, exit, then restart the game, land on havarl, go back to the Tempest, set the game to a 21:9 resolution, exit the game, then restart it and land on Havarl again?

somewhat lengthy process, sorry, but it should reload the shaders...

Same thing happened with the "fix" (3Dmigoto) applied in any resolution: 1920x1080 both at 50/60/75hz, and 3440x1440 both at 50/60/75hz

Once I remove it, flashes gone.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2017, 18:49 
Insiders
Insiders

Does that flickering happen just in cinematics or everywhere?
What GPU do you have? Is it an AMD one?

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2017, 23:30 

helifax wrote:
Does that flickering happen just in cinematics or everywhere?
What GPU do you have? Is it an AMD one?

Cinematics+Quest Cinematics/Dialogues, only a few, apparently in lighting intensive instances (Landing on Havarl, Beacon of the Asari Ark) doesn't happen in any other instance, for example on dialogues on the Nexus or the Tempest.

My GPU is an MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X, at its factory default clocks, gaming at 3440x1440@75Hz

The game sits on an SSD, and the rest of the PC specs are:

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz
Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3 mobo
2x 8Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Ram

I don't think the rest of the specs would be relevant, just throwing them in, just in case.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2017, 18:41 

Setting to Temporal AA from FXAA and scaling the FRAMEBUFFER to 32Bit instead of HALF16 (64Bit) did the trick, ZERO flickering while landing on Havarl.

Definitely a game engine issue as I've seen spread with people facing it way worse than me!

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2017, 19:11 
Insiders
Insiders

Aha! Awesome find!
I am not sure which one might be the cause, but I suspect the damn Framebuffer being set to 64bit might have caused that!
(Just a hunch)!

Which is weird, because... I am playing in Surround with FXAA and 64bit FB :)) But running SLI and 3 Monitors and 3D vision, so something is definitely different;)

Glad you sorted it out!

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2017, 19:21 

The epiphany came today, while browsing the masseffect subreddit and finding this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/com ... da_pc_bug/

then through Google, I've found this EA Support thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Ma ... -p/5957760

Where they suggested that with Temporal AA the problem was gone.

I changed the Framebuffer just for the few extra FPS until I'll upgrade the core of my system.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2017, 19:55 

...now with this informatin I could recreate the problem... AA off= flickering, same for FXAA...

TAA= no flickering... yay...

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2017, 10:27 

SpikedSouls wrote:
...now with this informatin I could recreate the problem... AA off= flickering, same for FXAA...

TAA= no flickering... yay...

TAA is the way, in this instance, I didn't minded the FXAA, but with this issue, TAA is the plausible choice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next