Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 13:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Doom (2016)
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2018, 10:23 

Had a not so fruitful interaction with support as well regarding this (https://imgur.com/a/JQmDyIq). Hopefully if enough people submit a ticket regarding this issue they will do something with it. Again, it doesnt look like it involves that much work for a developer if a third-party added it easily, and the engine supports it anyway (see Wolfenstein II, weapon FOV scales wonderfully. Dont know about multiple screens support though for that game).

Is there anyone that knows what the fix by HaYDeN actually did, and how it worked? Is there something we ourselves can do, if necessary with cheat engine or something?

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2018, 18:00 

Garwinski wrote:
Had a not so fruitful interaction with support as well regarding this (https://imgur.com/a/JQmDyIq). Hopefully if enough people submit a ticket regarding this issue they will do something with it. Again, it doesnt look like it involves that much work for a developer if a third-party added it easily, and the engine supports it anyway (see Wolfenstein II, weapon FOV scales wonderfully. Dont know about multiple screens support though for that game).

Is there anyone that knows what the fix by HaYDeN actually did, and how it worked? Is there something we ourselves can do, if necessary with cheat engine or something?

I wish I knew what HaYDeN did. Someone here must know or have an idea.
I have submitted a bug report on the pinned item "Submitting a bug report" like a week ago, nothing yet.
Should be called Bethesda Suckport.
I'm sorry but this problem is really making me mad. I bought a product and it doesn't work, wish i could get my money back.

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2018, 18:04 

I opened the Lua file of doom, where the memory addresses are mentioned. They are wrong right now, no idea what to change. I opened the memory register for doom with cheatengine, but I have no clue.

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2018, 18:07 

Garwinski wrote:
I opened the Lua file of doom, where the memory addresses are mentioned. They are wrong right now, no idea what to change. I opened the memory register for doom with cheatengine, but I have no clue.

I wish you luck Garwinski. Please update us if you find anything.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2018, 14:26 

The problem is that at this moment, the memory addresses in the .lua file are wrong as Flawless Widescreen reports that it can not find those adresses, so the memory adresses in the running .exe of DOOM have changed to different adresses. The problem is, that I have no idea where to begin to find the new adresses where the fix should be 'injected' in the memory of the running .exe to make the fixes work on this new version of DOOM. Maybe if I had an old .exe of a DOOM version that worked I could crosscheck those memory adresses, but I dont have an old DOOM.exe atm.

EDIT: Decided to follow these steps:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1086279994

I only redownloaded the executable from August 24, 2017 from the Windows Executable-depot, placed them in my DOOM map, overwriting the files there, and I was good to go again.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2018, 21:15 

Garwinski wrote:
The problem is that at this moment, the memory addresses in the .lua file are wrong as Flawless Widescreen reports that it can not find those adresses, so the memory adresses in the running .exe of DOOM have changed to different adresses. The problem is, that I have no idea where to begin to find the new adresses where the fix should be 'injected' in the memory of the running .exe to make the fixes work on this new version of DOOM. Maybe if I had an old .exe of a DOOM version that worked I could crosscheck those memory adresses, but I dont have an old DOOM.exe atm.

I only redownloaded the executable from August 24, 2017 from the Windows Executable-depot, placed them in my DOOM map, overwriting the files there, and I was good to go again.

I tried to do that too but got lost and wasn't sure what package to download.
Could you maybe setup a mega link for the older exe?

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2018, 17:49 

jc0123 wrote:
Garwinski wrote:

I am not sure if that is allowed, and even then, I am also not quite sure as to what extent those files generated by this method are machine or steam id dependent, so it would be better to do it yourself.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

1.Follow step 1 of the guide to open the steam console. (fast way, follow this link, open with Steam client bootstrapper: steam://open/console)

2.Then, skip to step 7 of the guide.The app id is 379720, depot ID is 379721, and manifest ID for the files I used is 907965064786099828. So, in the steam console you type (or paste):
Quote:
download_depot 379720 379721 907965064786099828

And press enter. Steam will now start to download.

3."If you successfully downloaded the package, it will be on your [path to Steam folder]/Steam/steamapps/content folder".
Be aware, this is where you have steam installed, so you wont find them on the drive where you installed DOOM per se. So, if you installed DOOM on your D: drive but steam on your C: drive, you will find the files in the steam path on the C: drive.

4.Copy the files which you downloaded and have found in the previous step into your DOOM directory and overwrite the files. Voila!
__________________________________________________________________________________________
There is a step in the guide to prevent the game from updating, but the values the guide indicates you should change where already what the guide told me to set them at, and DOOM has not overwritten those files with newer once as of yet for me. In my experience anyways steam wont do this unless you manually verify game files, or the game receives an update. I keep the new files acquired through this method in a separate map in my steam directory, just in case they do get upgraded to the newer versions, so I can overwrite them again without much hassle.

(You probably wont be able to play the multiplayer with the older files, but I figure most people dont play that anyways.)

Last edited by Garwinski on 11 Aug 2018, 14:11, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2018, 01:09 

Garwinski wrote:
jc0123 wrote:
Garwinski wrote:

I am not sure if that is allowed, and even then, I am also not quite sure as to what extent those files generated by this method are machine or steam id dependent, so it would be better to do it yourself.

1.Follow step 1 of the guide to open the steam console. (fast way, follow this link, open with Steam client bootstrapper: steam://open/console)

2.Then, skip to step 7 of the guide.The app id is 379720, depot ID is 379721, and manifest ID for the files I used is 907965064786099828. So, in the steam console you type (or paste):
Quote:

Quote:
"If you successfully downloaded the package, it will be on your [path to Steam folder]/Steam/steamapps/content folder".

Be aware, this is where you have steam installed, so you wont find them on the drive where you installed DOOM per se. So, if you installed DOOM on your D: drive but steam on your C: drive, you will find the files in the steam path on the C: drive.

4.Copy the files which you downloaded and have found in the previous step into your DOOM directory and overwrite the files. Voila!

There is a step in the guide to prevent the game from updating, but the values the guide indicates you should change where already what the guide told me to set them at, and DOOM has not overwritten those files with newer once as of yet for me. In my experience anyways steam wont do this unless you manually verify game files, or the game receives an update. I keep the new files acquired through this method in a separate map in my steam directory, just in case they do get upgraded to the newer versions, so I can overwrite them again without much hassle.

(You probably wont be able to play the multiplayer with the older files, but I figure most people dont play that anyways.)

Made an account to say thanks. This worked perfect for me!

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2018, 17:10 

Garwinski wrote:
jc0123 wrote:
Garwinski wrote:

Quote:

3."If you successfully downloaded the package, it will be on your [path to Steam folder]/Steam/steamapps/content folder".

Thank you so much works like a charm.

Last edited by jc0123 on 15 Aug 2018, 02:04, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2018, 17:52 

it works for me!!! thank you!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next