Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Life Is Strange
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2015, 03:56 

helifax wrote:
Mesenzio wrote:
Thank you so much for the fix helifax! I briefly tested it on my 21:9 2560x1080 monitor and it seems to run well. The main menu looks a bit strange but in game it seems good. I will keep you posted if I notice something.

Attachment:
2015-10-21_00002.jpg

Attachment:
2015-10-21_00003.jpg

Someone should add your solution on the game report, it's not even mentioned and it works much better.

Ah, yes the menu might look funky since I think I developed it using a triple screen mode in mind;) I see you are using only one monitor so that is why it might look squished. The UI is still positioned in the middle of the image (where the central monitor) should exist;)
I'll check it out and see if this is the case;)

Yes, menus and interface are centered but squished, I supposed that is the issue. Totally playable though, so no biggie.

I had a crash in Episode 2 however,
Spoiler:
when you shoot beer bottles

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2015, 12:14 

helifax wrote:
Mesenzio wrote:
Thank you so much for the fix helifax! I briefly tested it on my 21:9 2560x1080 monitor and it seems to run well. The main menu looks a bit strange but in game it seems good. I will keep you posted if I notice something.

Attachment:
2015-10-21_00002.jpg

Attachment:
2015-10-21_00003.jpg

Someone should add your solution on the game report, it's not even mentioned and it works much better.

Ah, yes the menu might look funky since I think I developed it using a triple screen mode in mind;) I see you are using only one monitor so that is why it might look squished. The UI is still positioned in the middle of the image (where the central monitor) should exist;)

Any chance we can get this fix working for 3440x1440 single monitors with the menus and ui not being all squished? It would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2015, 12:19 
Insiders
Insiders

Mesenzio wrote:
helifax wrote:
Mesenzio wrote:

Attachment:
2015-10-21_00002.jpg

Attachment:
2015-10-21_00003.jpg

Yes, menus and interface are centered but squished, I supposed that is the issue. Totally playable though, so no biggie.

I had a crash in Episode 2 however,
Spoiler:
when you shoot beer bottles

Yes, I know. For some reason the game goes highwire there if the fix is enabled. (You either get a crash or you fall through the floor). I wasn't able to find out what causes that behaviour though... If you disable the fix when that scene starts (before shooting the 1st bottle) and enable it after all the bottles are shot you should get around this issue...

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2015, 20:46 
Insiders
Insiders

For 21:9 Users:

- I made a toggle to disable the HUD centering. You can find it if you click on the little gear in WSF. By default the option is disabled.
You can grab the latest plugin from here: http://3dsurroundgaming.com/WSF.html

Requires:
WideScreen Fixer version 662.
You can download it from the same page(TOP of PAGE).

Install:
- Put the dll file in the "Plugins" folder of WideScreen Fixer.
- Start WSF (as Admin)
- Start game, once is started press "*" (numpad star) key to enable the fix.

Known issues:
- Do not use FOV keybinds with this fix. The FOV is automatically calculated. Using a different FOV than the fix provides will break the lining up of the UI.
- There might still be some scenes where the fov is not updated. (This game uses Dynamic FOV almost constantly and is hard for me to find all values).
- If the game glitches (like falling through the floor - Episode 2 "Shoot bottles" encounter) disable the fix and reload the last checkpoint (Is so much one can do).

Cheers! Let me know if is working :)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2015, 01:07 

helifax wrote:
For 21:9 Users:

- I made a toggle to disable the HUD centering. You can find it if you click on the little gear in WSF. By default the option is disabled.
You can grab the latest plugin from here: http://3dsurroundgaming.com/WSF.html

Requires:
WideScreen Fixer version 662.
You can download it from the same page(TOP of PAGE).

Install:
- Put the dll file in the "Plugins" folder of WideScreen Fixer.
- Start WSF (as Admin)
- Start game, once is started press "*" (numpad star) key to enable the fix.

Known issues:
- Do not use FOV keybinds with this fix. The FOV is automatically calculated. Using a different FOV than the fix provides will break the lining up of the UI.
- There might still be some scenes where the fov is not updated. (This game uses Dynamic FOV almost constantly and is hard for me to find all values).
- If the game glitches (like falling through the floor - Episode 2 "Shoot bottles" encounter) disable the fix and reload the last checkpoint (Is so much one can do).

Cheers! Let me know if is working :)

the hud is still messed up....when I leave hud fix off (default) the hud doesnt scale correctly to 21:9 screen and markers are not placed correctly over object (they look stretched out) when the hud fix is on the hud and markers are squished (which im guessing is the correct use since it is being centered for triple monitor setups)

if you can get the hud so its not stretched and is correct for a single 21:9 aspect monitor that would be amazing....I've been waiting for this fix to play the last episode cant wait to play it.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2015, 01:35 
Insiders
Insiders

I don't have a 21:9 Monitor and honestly I don't care:)
I have Surround and the fix was made for Surround/Eyefinity!

Since you are using ONE monitor the only thing I can say is use a 16:9 Aspect Ratio resolution;) It's not like you are MISSING 2 FREAKING SCREENS anyway:))

Sorry, but I can't CODE things for something I can't test and have no idea how it looks like;))

(No pun intended)

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2015, 15:30 

helifax wrote:
I don't have a 21:9 Monitor and honestly I don't care:)
I have Surround and the fix was made for Surround/Eyefinity!

Since you are using ONE monitor the only thing I can say is use a 16:9 Aspect Ratio resolution;) It's not like you are MISSING 2 FREAKING SCREENS anyway:))

Sorry, but I can't CODE things for something I can't test and have no idea how it looks like;))

(No pun intended)

no problem...I guess ill play in 16:9 then....thanks for trying though its really appreciated

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2015, 18:56 

I played it on a 21:9 and with the last version the hud fix was quite good, maybe a bit squished but definitely playable. I encountered only one bud in Episode 5 when
Spoiler:
you have to pick up the bottles again the one on the car is ureachable

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2015, 20:29 

helifax i am using your fix and i have 2560x1080 monitor. The problem is that during cutscenes my screen is shaking most of the time... Any solutions?

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2016, 21:52 

Is there any way to remove the black bars with the latest patch? What values do I hex edit in the .exe

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next