Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 11:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect 3
PostPosted: 27 Feb 2017, 19:36 

Problem :
For an unknow reason, French players can't run the game and make Flawlesswidescreen to work. If the game is in Full French (voice and text), Flawlesswidescreen will not recognise the game and still block at this status :

"Searching for Mass Effect 3 process, please configure desired settings and launch the game."

Solution :
For French players, here are the trick to make Flawlesswidescreen working and have French voice (you have to do this everytime you launch the game...) :

Explanation in French :
Explication en Français ici : http://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/JeuxVideo/PC/effect-ultrawidescreen-francais-sujet_193680_1.htm#t13061384

Explanation in English :
1 : Go to Windows, type Regedit, and find : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\BioWare\Mass Effect 3
2 : In the lign "Locale" modify "fr_Fr" in "en_US" (without quote). Keep this window open. We are going back to it later.
3 : Open flawlesswidescreen and configure it like you want or like this guy https://youtu.be/HMiYtAWSmqY?t=424.
4 : Run the game throught Origin. Flawlesswidescreen will recognize it because the game is in English now.
5 : Come back to the desktop without closing your game (press "Alt Tab" keys on your keyboard for exemple).
6 : Modify the value "Locale" to fr_FR in the Registry Editor.
7 : Come back to the game, go to Narrative option, and select Français in voice option.

Enjoy a full French game with Flawlesswidescreen enable !

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2017, 08:29 

Chaosmantis wrote:
Problem :
For an unknow reason, French players can't run the game and make Flawlesswidescreen to work. If the game is in Full French (voice and text), Flawlesswidescreen will not recognise the game and still block at this status :

"Searching for Mass Effect 3 process, please configure desired settings and launch the game."

Solution :
For French players, here are the trick to make Flawlesswidescreen working and have French voice (you have to do this everytime you launch the game...) :

Explanation in French :
Explication en Français ici : http://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/JeuxVideo/PC/effect-ultrawidescreen-francais-sujet_193680_1.htm#t13061384

Explanation in English :
1 : Go to Windows, type Regedit, and find : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\BioWare\Mass Effect 3
2 : In the lign "Locale" modify "fr_Fr" in "en_US" (without quote). Keep this window open. We are going back to it later.
3 : Open flawlesswidescreen and configure it like you want or like this guy https://youtu.be/HMiYtAWSmqY?t=424.
4 : Run the game throught Origin. Flawlesswidescreen will recognize it because the game is in English now.
5 : Come back to the desktop without closing your game (press "Alt Tab" keys on your keyboard for exemple).
6 : Modify the value "Locale" to fr_FR in the Registry Editor.
7 : Come back to the game, go to Narrative option, and select Français in voice option.

Enjoy a full French game with Flawlesswidescreen enable !

Lol this must why FSW seemed to have no effect. My game is indeed running in french. You're the best thank you.

PostPosted: 14 May 2018, 21:22 

Hello!

This is my first post on this site ever. I have a question about the Fine FOV adjusment setting in the Flawless widescreen app. It goes from -1,00 to +1,00. How to understand this? I like to play between 90-100 FOV. Which number will correspond to lets say FOV=90?

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2018, 06:15 

I've forgotten how to get rid of the 16:9 cutscenes or "black bars" from the cutscenes!

I was playing over a year ago with the cutscenes fixed for 21:9. Since then I've done a clean install on my PC and now that I've reinstalled ME3 I've forgotten how to fix it!!! I can't even remember where I found the fix. I remember it involved editing files, maybe hex editing...

Can someone please point me in the right direction please.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2018, 11:53 

doubleDizz wrote:
I've forgotten how to get rid of the 16:9 cutscenes or "black bars" from the cutscenes!

I was playing over a year ago with the cutscenes fixed for 21:9. Since then I've done a clean install on my PC and now that I've reinstalled ME3 I've forgotten how to fix it!!! I can't even remember where I found the fix. I remember it involved editing files, maybe hex editing...

UPDATE: Worked out what I did!

Widescreen Fixer will do the job if you tweak the settings (the COG icon) accordingly...

Under "Enter Resolutions for HUD Placement"
Automatically Detect Resolution: (Uncheck)
Display Count: 3
Uncorrected Resolution: 6880 & 1440
Bezel-Corrected Resolution: 3440 & 1440

And FOV I just set to 10.6

21:9 gameplay, cutscenes and no cropped GUI. Have fun.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2018, 05:41 

I have a problem were my character when zoomed in is between both monitors on the left side of my triple monitor setup, its very very annoying. My FOV is btw very very high around 115-120 and hurts the hell out of my eyes any ideas? im currently using Flawless and Widescreen fixer just to say.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2018, 18:58 

i downloaded flawless widescreen, however, the resolution of my ME3 was not changed, it remained at 1920x1080. i had to use GeForce Nvidia experience to manually adjust the game to 2560x1080. however, the downside of that is all the game play menus are outside of the screen. for example, when there is a reputation choice, i cannot see which mouse button i need to click. i went online and find out that paragon is right mouse button and renegade is left mouse button. what am i doing wrong?

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2019, 18:21 

I'm using Flawless Widescreen especially for the FOV-fix, and I want to try another than my native resolution (1920x1080 16:9). But every time I set ingame-resolution to 3840x2160 the HUD/UI is still getting way too small. I've also tested many settings-combinations in FWS under "Override Display Detection" cause the auto-detection does nothing as mentioned before. In other words: which override-settings are recommended for a "working" HUD/UI for a resolution of 3840x2160 on a native 1920x1080 16:9 monitor?

Greets, EcuD

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2019, 04:33 

I need some help.

I use flawless widescreen for ME1 & ME2 (works flawlessly ;)

For ME3 I am trying to get Widescreen Fixer to work because Flawless does not work for menus/cutscenes.
Widescreen Fixer works, but in the main menu I notice that tge Nass Effect logo is cut off at top of monitor and its obvious that something is wrong.

Widescreen Fixer has manual settings like Uncorrected Display etc, I have no idea what to put in these, and the FOV slider I really dont know what to set that at, I have both uncorrected and bezel set at 3440x1440, Display count is at default (3).

Any advice on how to fix my issue or what to do for the settings in widescreen fixer. It would be greatly appreciated.

My display is 3440x1400@100hz w/ an Acer Predator x34.

Thank you.

If you like my build, please give me a +1 on ModsRigs. Thanks!

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2019, 15:31 

doubleDizz wrote:
doubleDizz wrote:

UPDATE: Worked out what I did!

Widescreen Fixer will do the job if you tweak the settings (the COG icon) accordingly...

Under "Enter Resolutions for HUD Placement"
Automatically Detect Resolution: (Uncheck)
Display Count: 3
Uncorrected Resolution: 6880 & 1440
Bezel-Corrected Resolution: 3440 & 1440

And FOV I just set to 10.6

21:9 gameplay, cutscenes and no cropped GUI. Have fun.

with these settings the mass effect logo on the main menu is still cut off and obviously the screen is zoomed/out of whack. Is uncorrected resolution supposed to be exactly double the horizontal resolution of your actual monitor, and if so why?

If you like my build, please give me a +1 on ModsRigs. Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next