Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Mass Effect 2
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2018, 16:53 
Editors
Editors

Received and uploaded ! Thanks :welcome

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2018, 20:36 

Bonjour Chachardus,

désolé, je n'avais pas vu ta réponse pour ME3.
Et voici le correctif pour Mass Effect 3 en français :)

http://uptobox.com/a9rk91k8osl4

Bon jeu

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2018, 10:03 
Editors
Editors

Or try our awesome local link: http://www.wsgf.org/f/u/contrib/dr/1999 ... FRA_ME3.7z
Thanks again buddy. Could you explain what you did to fix the issue ? Owners of other localized versions would surely appreciate.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2018, 16:36 

Yes of course.
I'll make this soon.

PostPosted: 24 May 2018, 12:34 

Hello everybody!
Is there any flawless widescreen news regarding the galaxy map marker issue?
I tried to find position definitions in ME2 swf content in pcc files but I'm not a profesional coder and I worry I have to give up. It seems it is defined differently.
Would be nice to get an update.
With ALOT MOD the game is still nice to me. :)

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2018, 16:17 

Does anybody have this running on Flawless Widescreen @ 5760x1080 setup, and if so, how did you do it?

I am running round in circles trying to sort this out, I can run ME3 without an issue but although Flawless is registering ME1 & 2 running it will not allow me to configure it to run in 5760x1080 :(

I am running NVidia GTX 1050 TI 4GB, Corei7 Skylake 4GHz with 3x 21.5" BenQ senseye monitors.

Thankyou in advance :)

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2018, 01:16 

Cant get passed new game options screen

Hey folks,

Running game in 3440x1440 and resolution works fine with flawless widescreen (Except i noticed in menus tops and bottoms get cut off a bit)

When starting a new game there is a screen that asks you what difficulty and squad level up etc... but there is no way to go forward or back off that screen and if there is it must be cut off screen.

I have found no way to go forward or back with keystrokes. Need help

If you like my build, please give me a +1 on ModsRigs. Thanks!

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2018, 01:52 

Skoda Zek wrote:

Hey folks,

Running game in 3440x1440 and resolution works fine with flawless widescreen (Except i noticed in menus tops and bottoms get cut off a bit)

When starting a new game there is a screen that asks you what difficulty and squad level up etc... but there is no way to go forward or back off that screen and if there is it must be cut off screen.

I have found the issue though it requires different Flawless Widescreen settings for Mass Effect 1 and 2 and have yet to test Mass Effect 3

For Mass Effect 1
Quote:
Width: 3440
Height: 1440
HUD Width: 2560
HUD Height: 1080
HUD X: 440
HUD Y: 0

For Mass Effect 2
Quote:
HUD Height: 1440
HUD X: 437

It is odd because I played these games before (all 3) in 3440x1440 and one setting worked for all of them (cant remember what that setting was)

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2018, 03:02 

Skoda Zek wrote:
Skoda Zek wrote:

Hey folks,

I have found the issue though it requires different Flawless Widescreen settings for Mass Effect 1 and 2 and have yet to test Mass Effect 3

For Mass Effect 1
Quote:
HUD Height: 1080

For Mass Effect 2
Quote:
HUD X: 437

It is odd because I played these games before (all 3) in 3440x1440 and one setting worked for all of them (cant remember what that setting was)

One final update.

It appears the following settings work for all 3 games:

Quote:

Took the HUD X value from Mass Effect 1 and the HUD Width and Height values from Mass Effect 2, combined them and it appears to work for all 3 Mass Effect games.

When looking online I could only find individual solutions for each game that varied and had different values. The aforementioned values seem to work universally for all 3 thus no need to look for individual fixes.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2018, 23:36 
Insiders
Insiders

I figured out the culprit for the planets markers in the Galaxy Map, it's HUD Scaling in Flawless Widscreen (FWS). When I disable it and then engage the Galaxy Map it works but everything else is borked like the planet descriptions, menu and etc. It seems the fix with FWS isn't identifying the changes. In ME1 I just disabled FWS all together with a hotkey and I could navigate the Galaxy Map just fine but this having to alt+tab constantly is annoying. I am running the Origin ver since I didn't have to manually install the DLC one by one, also bonus info if got the base game of ME2 on Origin (it was On The House at one point and glad I grabbed it now) it will recognize your DLC and will download it into your game even if you owned it on Steam first, which was my scenario. This version is not detectable by Widescreen Fixer (WSF) even though it is running, says it does support Origin and yes I am running English and not another language. I have no idea what's up but I can't figure out how to test this any further with WSF. Hopefully this helps someone.

EDIT: Okay I figured out a dirty trick to make this work faster since I run secondary monitors. I went into my GamerSettings.ini ( in ... Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 2\BIOGame\Config) and changed Fullscreen=True to Fullscreen=False and I also changed BorderlessWindow=False to BorderlessWindow=True. This lets me quickly alt+tab in and out of the game without having to minimize and reload shaders when it was fullscreen. I wish there was something more permanent I could do but this is all that works and you can't hotkey specific features in FWS, only whether or not if the fix is enabled in general.

Edit 2: I just figured out something else that makes it easier to navigate the Galaxy Map. Do what I mentioned before, disable HUD Scaling only and then bring up the galaxy map in game, after it is up everything will look smashed together but at least the markers will be over the systems and planets. Than you need to disable the fix completely, the default hotkey for this is ctrl+alt+z. This will stretch the galaxy map so it isn't all smashed together. This makes navigating way easier but since it is stretched you do have look around a lot more. The UI will be borked when you go to a planet or refuel ship in system so you will have to reenable the fix and hud scaling but, if you need to go to the galaxy overview for choosing what system to go to, just double click on the mass relay, in the glowing part works best. If I find any other tricks for this game I'll let yall know.

With Fix and HUD Scaling enabled

With Fix enabled and HUD Scaling disabled

With Fix and HUD Scaling disabled

Edit 3: And if you need fuel with the HUD Scaling disabled you can just double click on the fuel ship and you will get fuel, for probes you'll need to reenable the the HUD Scaling to get the prompt to buy probes. To make things a little less confusing here is what I do to make this complicated process work.

Navigating the Galaxy Overview Map:

In game at Normandy's Ship Holo and Galaxy Map > Alt+Tab out of game to FWS and uncheck HUD Scaling > Go back into the game and engage the Galaxy Map > Disable the fix either by hotkey Ctrl+Alt+Z or Alt+Tab out again and uncheck it than go back into the game > Head to a Mass Relay and double click on the blue spinning animation > The Galaxy Overview of systems should look like the third picture above.

What you will need to do in a local system is:

In game at Normandy's Ship Holo and Galaxy Map > Alt+Tab out of game to FWS and uncheck HUD Scaling > Go back into the game and engage the Galaxy Map > The Hud will look fine with the names and mission descriptions.

When you're in a system I don't recommend disabling the fix because the text isn't as cluttered in local system as they are in the galaxy overview.

What you need to do to interact with planets with the resource minigame, land on planets and buy probes:

As I mentioned before you can double click on a refuel ship to get fuel and a mass relay in the blue spinning but also double clicking on a planet or system that the Normandy is sitting on will bring up the next menu but it will be unusable due to HUD Scaling being disabled for a planet. HUD Scaling cannot just be enabled and it work like the disabling and reenabling the overall fix, you MUST go back to the Normandy > Alt+Tab out of game to FWS and check HUD Scaling > Go back into the game and engage the Galaxy Map > The Hud will look fine for the planet and refinery ship if you want to buy probes. This also must be enabled to to scan for resources.

This is a pain for sure but it's the only thing you can do aside from dropping your resolution to 1080p.

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!