Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect 2
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2017, 02:03 
Hello French Guys !
J'ai trouvé le problème qui fait que Flawless Widescreen ne marche pas avec la version Francaise de Mass Effect 2 , c'est un problème dans le fichier TLK des sous titres FR à la ligne 291309 Position : 57011 Data : Mass Effect 2 .

Pour une raison que j’ignore cette ligne fait bugée FW . mais maintenant ca devrait fonctionné.

J'ai pas eu le temps de tester les dialogue en profondeur, j’espère ne pas avoir fait d'erreur et que le jeu reste stable.

Enfin, avec ce nouveau fichier de soustitres nous devrions pouvoir jouer en full FR avec Widescreen sauf si y il a aussi des erreurs dans les fichiers Audio auquel cas seule la VOSTFR fonctionne pour le moment .

Des bisous ;-)

I found the problem that Flawless Widescreen does not work with the French version of Mass Effect 2, it is a problem in the TLK file of the subtitles FR at line 291309 Position: 57011 Data: Mass Effect 2.

For some reason FW doesnt want this line ...., its exacly the same line that in ENG file ........but it just want the ENG version of the line ... . now it should work......

I have no time to check the ingame entire dialogue , I hope I have not made any mistake and that the game remains stable.

Finally, with this new file of subtitles we should be able to play in full French Widescreen except if they are some errors in the Audio files which only case the VOSTFR works at the moment.

Kisses ;-)

http://www.partage-fichiers.com/upload/4wu44s9u

PostPosted: 04 May 2017, 22:32 

Hey mec, je vois que tu as réglé le problème avec FW et Mass Effect 2. Peux-tu me donner ton fichier et me dire comment tu fais? Stp

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2017, 03:17 

I've just completed a run through of ME1 using Flawless Widescreen which corrected most issues. Except for the offset targeting reticule (not the cross-hairs). I put up with it for the entire game in the hopes there was a fix for ME2.

There still doesn't seem to be a solution for this. The best option is to entirely disable it which can be done using these instructions:

steelyeyed wrote:
I found a way to remove the red bracket reticle by setting the value

BIOUI/SFXGame.SFXSF_ReticleCombatTarget.m_fSelectionBoxScailingFactor

In the Coalesced.ini go ahead and set the value of this line to a very large number. I am using 1000.0f

The file can be found in
Steam = C:Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Mass Effect 2/BioGame/Config/PC/Cooked
Origin = C:Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/Mass Effect 2/Biogame/Config/PC/Cooked

Use a tool like Notepad++ but personally I prefer Spine's Mass Effect 2 Coalesced Editor (pay no mind the dragon age symbol it works for masseffect 2 as well)

This value determines how large the reticle is relaive to the apparent high of the selected enemy. The value is normally 0.9f, slightly smaller than the enemy. By setting it to a very large value, the reticle becomes so large that is it off the screen, effectively making it disappear.

Just search for the value and change it as described above. I hope this helps someone, the off center red bracket reticle was driving me crazy

Note: I have not figured out how to correct the square orange box one for destructive items yet tho, but that is not such a huge issue.

I'm playing in 3440x1440 using Flawless Widescreen with these settings (in the toolbar under Settings > Configuration > Display Detection):

Hope it helps someone else.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2017, 16:55 

Speeko wrote:
I've just completed a run through of ME1 using Flawless Widescreen which corrected most issues. Except for the offset targeting reticule (not the cross-hairs). I put up with it for the entire game in the hopes there was a fix for ME2.

There still doesn't seem to be a solution for this. The best option is to entirely disable it which can be done using these instructions:

steelyeyed wrote:
I found a way to remove the red bracket reticle by setting the value

BIOUI/SFXGame.SFXSF_ReticleCombatTarget.m_fSelectionBoxScailingFactor

In the Coalesced.ini go ahead and set the value of this line to a very large number. I am using 1000.0f

The file can be found in
Steam = C:Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Mass Effect 2/BioGame/Config/PC/Cooked
Origin = C:Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/Mass Effect 2/Biogame/Config/PC/Cooked

Use a tool like Notepad++ but personally I prefer Spine's Mass Effect 2 Coalesced Editor (pay no mind the dragon age symbol it works for masseffect 2 as well)

This value determines how large the reticle is relaive to the apparent high of the selected enemy. The value is normally 0.9f, slightly smaller than the enemy. By setting it to a very large value, the reticle becomes so large that is it off the screen, effectively making it disappear.

Just search for the value and change it as described above. I hope this helps someone, the off center red bracket reticle was driving me crazy

Note: I have not figured out how to correct the square orange box one for destructive items yet tho, but that is not such a huge issue.

I'm playing in 3440x1440 using Flawless Widescreen with these settings (in the toolbar under Settings > Configuration > Display Detection):

Hope it helps someone else.

I managed to find a 'fix' sort of for the first one by removing the targeting reticle (outside of combat) completely. It was still there for targeting, but all of the arrows pointing way off centre to NPCs etc were gone.

I have the steam version of the game and my flawless widescreen settings are as follows for a 21:9 2560 x 1080 resolution :

To get rid of the off centre targeting reticle outside of gun use do the following :

1)Go into \Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect\ConfigBIOGuiResources.ini
2)Make the following edit and save
3)[BIOC_Base.BioSFHandler_Reticule]

m_fMinScalingRange=1000.0f

m_fMinScalingValue=0.2f

to

[BIOC_Base.BioSFHandler_Reticule]

m_fMinScalingRange=0.0f

m_fMinScalingValue=0.0f

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2018, 11:17 

Bonjour à tous,

pour tous les utilisateurs français de ME2 il y a bien un soucis avec flawless.
Le problème vient du fichier BIOGame_FRA.tlk

J'ai corrigé le fichier, le voici :)

http://uptobox.com/ddqanyywhu3q

il faut remplacer le fichier original se trouvant dans "Mass Effect 2\BioGame\CookedPC"

Bon jeu à tous ^^

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2018, 15:43 

Merci darkkyle,
Le fix proposé pour les utilisateurs français de Mass Effect 2 marche du tonnerre. Le jeu est enfin reconnu par Flawless Widescreen, et le jeu devient pleinement jouable en 21/9 pour les français. Depuis le temps que j'attendais ça. Trop génial !

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2018, 21:05 

Content de pouvoir rendre service :)

S'il y a des personnes intéressées, j'ai aussi fait un correctif pour Mass Effect 3 (je refais la trilogie en ce moment ^^).

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2018, 22:57 

Le correctif pour Mass Effect 3 VF m'intéresse énormément. Flawless WideScreen ne reconnaissant pas la version française du jeu, je suis obligé de faire des modifications dans le registre à chaque lancement du jeu pour avoir un affichage en 21/9. Donc, oui, ce serait vraiment sympa d'avoir un correctif évitant ces manipulations.
Cordialement.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2018, 10:48 
Editors
Editors

Darkkyle, thanks for the fix. That hosting site is terribly annoying, though. If you send me your fixes by PM I will attach them directly to the Detailed Reports.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2018, 21:29 

Hi scavvenjahh,

no problem, I'll send you a PM soon :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next