Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2011, 15:40 

i'm able to choose every resolution i want after replacing the *dll files but after the game has startet and i try to load a savestate or start a new game, it crashes after loading is finished
windows xp says that gta_sa.exe found a problem
what may i've done wrong?

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2011, 22:04 

i'm able to choose every resolution i want after replacing the *dll files but after the game has startet and i try to load a savestate or start a new game, it crashes after loading is finished
windows xp says that gta_sa.exe found a problem
what may i've done wrong?

Try this link http://www.mediafire.com/?h3qq5p20jxd3ah1 this has another .ASI file that adds the resolution options from the 1.01 patch but does not offer as many display options as the exdisp.asi file. Another tip I can suggest is to delete the GTA_SA.set file within your saved game directory. I've found that the game is more stable when you use a clean .SET file when applying these mods. Just an FYI though this file holds your settings data so you will have to re-adjust all of the options you use in game.

Edit:

Well I found some more information on the display extenders so I updated the OP. Download the version you need and it should work. I had better results with the version that is modified for the US version but you cannot change the aspect ratio manually. Apparently it adjusts the setting automatically. SADisplayResolutions.asi and the US 1.0 ASI extender seem to work best for me and not crash my game. I own the retail US version 1.0.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2013, 14:04 

Sorry for bumping a 2 year old thread, but multimonitor support does work with GTA SA. Only problem I've had is stretched out words and LOD's are much more visible. One thing you have to make sure to do is if you have bezel compensation enabled, go to WINDOWS display preferences (not AMD's) and select the next resolution (without the compensation). I found that the non-standard resolution (from the bezel fix) causes most games not to recognize that there is an Eyefinity setup, and in most cases most games wont even start at all. Reverting back to a "standard resolution (without the bezel fix) usually fixes that problem. Now when you get in game, you 'll have the option to set the resolution to support eyefinity (You'll also see the resolution with bezel fix there to) just select and your good. as for GTASA, you'll need the ASI file posted on the first page of this thread. I think it's called "GTA SA Widscreen fix lite" or something like that. after that GTASA should be working perfectly. only downside is every time you want to use eyefinity in gta sa, you'll need to switch bezel compensation off.

forgot to mention this: I'm running the game on a tri-monitor setup with 24" screens @1920x1080. so with eyefinity on, my resolution is about 5860x10870 with bezel compensation and 5760x1080 without.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2015, 22:32 

I just don't understand what version of the game should be? 1,02? I want to make a resolution 3216*1050 approximately like the picture 21*9. all the files which are references do resolution widescreen just are available set with a version of the game to 1.01. maybe someone will take off their similar files permission or help write for my case. softth kind of goes to the menu and writes that adds my permission but the menu does not appear. but if you are trying to do in the real Eyefinitу the game just makes 3 identical images on the monitors. what is the reason?

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2019, 20:41 

I just made the loadings screens adapted to 21:9

Link fix:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2ud48w2o6pv1 ... 9.rar?dl=0

https://imgur.com/a/JfXOdu3