Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 13:20

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 11:44 

I'm also 1.02 retail (from when the game originally came out).

I can get everything to work normally at 2560x1600. And when I run Widescreen fixer (r376.7z) everything still works "normal". WSF recognizes the game is running, says fix is enabled, but still on 1 screen.

So then I went into ME ini file and manually increased resolution to 7680x1600. And the game will still load and run perfectly, but everything is obviously very zoomed in (no FOX fix). Alt-Tabing out shows me that WSF thinks it is running, but nothing is happening.

I guess this is because I have the retail version, and not Steam. is there anything that can be done that I could help with? I don't know very much about hex edited, etc.

If I had a steam version, would I still need to go into the ini and increase the resolution manually, but the fix would just fix FOV for me?

I've found a workaround that will make all versions of Mass Effect (including Origin and Retail) work with helifax's Plugin.

Firstly, if you have any DLCs installed for your copy of Mass Effect, you should do a clean re-install.

Download 'Bring Down the Sky' and 'Pinnacle Station' DLCs from Steam and install them.
This will not only install the additional content but while doing so overwrite the executable with a Steam 1.02 version.

Then simply use helifax's Plugin :)

ps. @helifax: it's a great Plugin, but I noticed the 'lock-on' reticule (when talking to people or activating doors)
is not placed correctly. Is this being worked on? or maybe this is a side-effect of the workaround.

Post subject: PiecesFit wrote:bkc6j
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 13:43 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]I'm also 1.02 retail (from when the game originally came out).

I can get everything to work normally at 2560x1600. And when I run Widescreen fixer (r376.7z) everything still works "normal". WSF recognizes the game is running, says fix is enabled, but still on 1 screen.

So then I went into ME ini file and manually increased resolution to 7680x1600. And the game will still load and run perfectly, but everything is obviously very zoomed in (no FOX fix). Alt-Tabing out shows me that WSF thinks it is running, but nothing is happening.

I guess this is because I have the retail version, and not Steam. is there anything that can be done that I could help with? I don't know very much about hex edited, etc.

If I had a steam version, would I still need to go into the ini and increase the resolution manually, but the fix would just fix FOV for me?

I've found a workaround that will make all versions of Mass Effect (including Origin and Retail) work with helifax's Plugin.

Firstly, if you have any DLCs installed for your copy of Mass Effect, you should do a clean re-install.

Download 'Bring Down the Sky' and 'Pinnacle Station' DLCs from Steam and install them.
This will not only install the additional content but while doing so overwrite the executable with a Steam 1.02 version.

ps. @helifax: it's a great Plugin, but I noticed the 'lock-on' reticule (when talking to people or activating doors)
is not placed correctly. Is this being worked on? or maybe this is a side-effect of the workaround.

Hi all,

The plugin was created for Steam version only, Retail, Origin is not supported atm (I dont have the games).
As for the plugin, its in its final form. All the things that seem out of place are due to the workaround and are not pursed at this time;)) The galaxy map is also zoomed in because apparently it is not affected by the same FOV value... The solution doesnt want to make the game flawless. It just wants to enable Eyefinity/Surround in the game (with its minor annoyances ).

Hope you enjoy it:)

Best Regards

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 18:50 

Would be great if this works, but I can't find on Steam where I can download just the DLC. Tried searching by name, etc. Can you share how we would get just the DLC from Steam and install it only?

Everything I have found searching for it (google) says that people just get the BDtS and Pinnacle Station DLCs from the normal EA sources and install them and they work with Steam. I can't find a Steam version of these.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2012, 17:21 

[quote]I'm also 1.02 retail (from when the game originally came out).

Hmm how do i download dlcs from steam when i have the game on Origin? ;( I dont really feel liike buying it on steam aswell.

Post subject: Ceogar wrote:PiecesFit
PostPosted: 03 Mar 2012, 06:26 

[quote][quote]I'm also 1.02 retail (from when the game originally came out).

Hmm how do i download dlcs from steam when i have the game on Origin? ;( I dont really feel liike buying it on steam aswell.i also would like to know this

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2012, 14:53 

myself as well.

I recently purchased Mass Effect from Amazon as a Digital Download but sadly without a working fix it is impossible to play at 5760 x 1080 :(

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2013, 06:26 

helifax wrote:
{...} As for the plugin, its in its final form. All the things that seem out of place are due to the workaround and are not pursed at this time;)) The galaxy map is also zoomed in because apparently it is not affected by the same FOV value... The solution doesnt want to make the game flawless. It just wants to enable Eyefinity/Surround in the game (with its minor annoyances ).

Hope you enjoy it:)

Best Regards

Hello all,

Apparently I've been gone long enough for my old account to be deleted. Most of the stuff I've played when I have time has been good enough native support I haven't had to worry about it. I recently decided to play through ME1 again, it's been years & I've been through several changes but same overall setup with 3 monitor eyefinity. Now when I played this years ago, I believe it was a fix ?Hayden? did that seemed to have fixed most everything perfectly playable back then. I love the new (to me at least) Flawless Widescreen tool, but I ran into the aforementioned galaxy map issue. I tried to use the WidescreenFixer as that's what I think we were using back then when it was working fine, but it doesn't seem to work at all now. I see mention of it being for Steam now & I'm still using the discs I've had forever.

So... Is there a tolerable workaround so you can see what you're looking at on the galaxy map? I don't have every region, system, and location memorized and tabbing every time or worse having to change video settings every time you use the map is just too much. I've tried individually disabling each of the individual fixes one at a time, and also just disabling the fix altogether (which brings the tags back, but each location icon is as big as the monitor), nothing manageable so far.

Any suggestions? Just seems unfortunate that it worked so well years ago and doesn't seem to anymore?

Thanks! Matt

Post subject: Re: Mass Effect
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2014, 22:02 

currently trying to play the game again and the hotkey does not activate the fixer in Windows 8.1. Has anybody experienced this?

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2014, 11:40 
Insiders
Insiders

graylion wrote:
currently trying to play the game again and the hotkey does not activate the fixer in Windows 8.1. Has anybody experienced this?

No idea what is going on there.... Also for my plugins use the WSF version found on my site r662.
(http://3dsurroundgaming.com/WSF.html)
I know dopefish made changes in the newer versions and my plugins will not work with never versions of WSF. (Is on the todo list to update them).

Also the plugin works with both the Steam & Origin version of Mass Effect.

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2014, 15:35 

Hi all

This workaround on Widescreen Fixer and Flawless Widescreen both work like a dream.

One problem though.

On 2560 x 1080 resolution, the targeting reticle is inaccurate. It doesnt physically place itself on the target when I interact with whatever. It sits slightly to the right of the target.

Any workaround?

Cheers

Rifte

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next