Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2012, 13:16 
Editors
Editors

Eyefinity is set up, and spans all 3 screens in windows.
As soon as I launch Mass Effect in full screen, it just shows the same picture on all three screens.

A screenshot would be nice. ;)

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2012, 13:21 
Insiders
Insiders

Eyefinity is set up, and spans all 3 screens in windows.
As soon as I launch Mass Effect in full screen, it just shows the same picture on all three screens.

I understand.. Unfortunately I don't use Eyefinity:( I only have nVidia Surround and I haven't this issue.. Please check the configuration tool of ME and try to set it up correctly so you have the same effect that you see in your regular windows. Only then you can use the fix;))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2012, 13:27 

wish I could - it'll only take a screenshot of one of the screens, so it acts like eyefinity is off when the game runs:

Here's old school screenshots :D

In Windows: http://imgur.com/S3BK8
Without fix: http://imgur.com/FpWLp
With fix: http://imgur.com/Y6e3j

Post subject: Ah, fixed it!I had to
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2012, 13:40 

Ah, fixed it!

I had to select 16:9 instead of 16:10 in the configuration utility. (which I'm not really used to, as my screens are 16:10's, but perhaps it's due to the bezel correction).

Thanks for the help!

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2012, 14:43 
Insiders
Insiders

Ah, fixed it!

I had to select 16:9 instead of 16:10 in the configuration utility. (which I'm not really used to, as my screens are 16:10's, but perhaps it's due to the bezel correction).

Thanks for the help!

So now the fix works also?:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

Post subject: yep
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2012, 15:45 

yep :)

Post subject: mass effect closes on me
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2012, 21:58 

mass effect closes on me right when i start the game if i press the hot key before it starts. if i press the hotkey in game nothing happens. its just zoomed in but is working in 5940x1080.

how do i get this widescreenfixer working?

Post subject: cbwhat wrote:mass effect
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 01:26 
Insiders
Insiders

mass effect closes on me right when i start the game if i press the hot key before it starts. if i press the hotkey in game nothing happens. its just zoomed in but is working in 5940x1080.

hi! Have you read the previous posts? what version are you using?

Post subject: helifax wrote:cbwhat
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 04:40 

[quote]mass effect closes on me right when i start the game if i press the hot key before it starts. if i press the hotkey in game nothing happens. its just zoomed in but is working in 5940x1080.

hi! Have you read the previous posts? what version are you using?
mass effect 1.02 retail

and 3.1 widescreenfixer

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 05:53 

I'm also 1.02 retail (from when the game originally came out).

I can get everything to work normally at 2560x1600. And when I run Widescreen fixer (r376.7z) everything still works "normal". WSF recognizes the game is running, says fix is enabled, but still on 1 screen.

So then I went into ME ini file and manually increased resolution to 7680x1600. And the game will still load and run perfectly, but everything is obviously very zoomed in (no FOX fix). Alt-Tabing out shows me that WSF thinks it is running, but nothing is happening.

I guess this is because I have the retail version, and not Steam. is there anything that can be done that I could help with? I don't know very much about hex edited, etc.

If I had a steam version, would I still need to go into the ini and increase the resolution manually, but the fix would just fix FOV for me?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next