Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 08:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2008, 19:08 

I don't recognize this engine...so unfortunately I will be of little help.

I don't think the sniper rifle is really highly used...at least not for me...yet...

The engine is UE3. You know the one thats used in like 593430 billion games and has horrid widescreen support by default?

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2008, 19:29 

It actually breaks the zoom for all weapons. This is with the right button down. The second pic has the lower, non-default fov. The game is basically the same as Gears in regards to changing the fov.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2008, 19:30 

The engine is UE3. You know the one thats used in like 593430 billion games and has horrid widescreen support by default?

The engine that will port Final Fantasy XIII PC? 8)

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2009, 01:06 

I have a weird issue. I am running this game in 1920x1080 and it looks great and I mostly have no problems.

I have a problem with the galaxy map. Namely, I can't see anything. I only see the name of the Planet in the left corner and nothing else. No stars, no text etc. So I can't continue the game.

Did anybody have that issue?

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2009, 09:42 
Insiders
Insiders

That was a reported issue with pirated versions of the game only.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2009, 11:20 

Lol.

I definetely have an original copy of the game. ^^ Never had that problem before. I was running the game in 1360 x 768 until I got a new display, a projector, to be precise.

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2009, 12:18 
Editors
Editors

Back up your saves, deauthorise the game (to get your activation back) delete, reinstall.

If it happened after changing your monitor... that might fix it.

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2009, 19:31 

I'm playing at 1920x1080 as well, no map issue so far.

The only issue I've had is ever since I applied the v1.01 patch and bring down the sky addon I randomly get infinite overheat. It never cools down. The companions sometimes get it as well and there are even times that all npcs stop shooting entirely.

I'm thinking of reinstalling and only applying the bring down the sky addon and not the patch. When I applied the patch I could no longer start mass effect at all, said to reinstall, adding the addon fixed that though but with the bugs.

And no, this copy is not pirate. I buy all my games.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2009, 02:39 

I'm thinking of reinstalling and only applying the bring down the sky addon and not the patch.

You can not do that. The patch is required and included in the installer for BDtS. You should not have installed the standalone patch if you already installed BDtS - if you did that, it could possibly be the cause of your problems. The standalone patch should be used only if you want to patch the game without installing BDtS.

---
The sticking overheat thing was intentionally inserted as an anti-piracy deterrent. Apparently the devs put in several little things like that designed to degrade the overall experience so that even if the initial authentication check for starting the game was cracked, a pirated copy of the game would still be problematic.

That's not to say that I'm suggesting you have a pirated copy. Rather perhaps there was some authentication failure as a result of the patch, or upgrading your hardware or something like that, and now it's behaving like an illegitimate copy. There are plenty of legitimate owners that have reported the overheating problem. That's the risk with these traps and why I dislike them. They're clever in theory, but in practical reality it's too easy for something to go wrong and screw up legitimate copies of the game.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2009, 08:18 

I installed ME, it worked fine.

I installed the v1.01 patch and ME would no longer start.

I installed bdts and it worked again.

Unless I can find more content however, I'll just uninstall the load of it, lack of mod tools and seriously lacking dlc indicate there won't be much point to keep it installed at all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next