Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 08:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Yours vs Mine
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2013, 23:37 

Okay quickone,

Do you guys have a system that returns XML or json (preferably json) of all the games in the catalog? I notice there are steamids for most games (if not all) and I want to create a simple page which will take your catalog and compare it against an entire steam library (mine to begin with maybe others later if I get it right). It would give me games you are missing and if they aren't what score they have in table form.

what do you think?

i7 3770K (Ivy bridge) | Corsair Dominator 32GB | Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus Intel Z77 | Corsair H100i | 2 x Gigabyte ATi Radeon HD 7950 in crossfire | NXZT Phantom case | OCZ 1000W Powersupply | Samsung 840 PRO 256GB | 2x OCZ agility 3 60GB SSDs | 2x 1TB HDDs |

Post subject: Re: Yours vs Mine
PostPosted: 01 May 2013, 00:55 

Found the xml feed http://www.wsgf.org/mgl/xml however doesn't look like it returns all games. I read the thread which deals with this and it mentioned being coded to return those with steam IDs however some in the list still don't have them :)

Got 13 matches on steam ID
Got 12 matches on Title

unfortunately they were the same 13/12 games :)

I'm testing with a large(ish) steam library too, almost 300 so should be getting a few more matches

i7 3770K (Ivy bridge) | Corsair Dominator 32GB | Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus Intel Z77 | Corsair H100i | 2 x Gigabyte ATi Radeon HD 7950 in crossfire | NXZT Phantom case | OCZ 1000W Powersupply | Samsung 840 PRO 256GB | 2x OCZ agility 3 60GB SSDs | 2x 1TB HDDs |

PostPosted: 01 May 2013, 02:05 
Administrators
Administrators

LuckyNoS7evin wrote:
Found the xml feed http://www.wsgf.org/mgl/xml however doesn't look like it returns all games. I read the thread which deals with this and it mentioned being coded to return those with steam IDs however some in the list still don't have them :)

Got 12 matches on Title

I'm testing with a large(ish) steam library too, almost 300 so should be getting a few more matches

The XML contains Steam IDs for everything we could find (eg. some of our games are not on Steam). None appear to be duplicates, so I'm not sure why you'd see those. Can you give examples? Also, I'm willing to help, what language is your code in? Do you want to share so I can take a look at it?

PostPosted: 01 May 2013, 02:37 
Founder
Founder

Sounds like a really cool idea. I'm sure Delphium and Brett may have some insight.

PostPosted: 01 May 2013, 08:06 

Brett wrote:
LuckyNoS7evin wrote:

Got 12 matches on Title

The XML contains Steam IDs for everything we could find (eg. some of our games are not on Steam). None appear to be duplicates, so I'm not sure why you'd see those. Can you give examples? Also, I'm willing to help, what language is your code in? Do you want to share so I can take a look at it?

Hi Brett

I'm back at work again and i quickly chucked it together last night and that's the reason i got duplicates, it was my rushed code. I will however do a proper post this evening when i get in. It's currently a little C# app as that's what i use all day at work so easy just to chuck things together. I looked at doing it in php but as I'm not as comfortable with it I didn't want to waste time if it isn't going to play nice.

thanks for the offer.

PostPosted: 01 May 2013, 14:48 
Administrators
Administrators

That xml output does indeed only list titles that have a steam ID, there might be multiple entries of titles if it has multiple steam ID's attached to it as 1 DR often serves multiple versions, ie game of year editions etc.

you can also use arguments with the url/xml, such as http://www.wsgf.org/mgl/xml/107410 - 107410 is the Steam ID for ARMA 3 for example.

| Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WiFi Skt2011 | i7 4820k @4.4GHz Watercooled (Ivy Bridge-E) | Corsair Vengence 32GB @2133MHz 11-11-11-27 2T Quad-Channel (8x4GB) | AMD R9-Fury-X 4GB @1140/505MHz + EKWB Watercooled | 256GB Crucial MX200 SSD | 8x 1TB Samsung F3 SATA-II | Corsair 850W TX PSU | 3x Dell S2209W 22"wide TFT's (5760x1080res) | Logitech Z-5400 5.1ch speakers | Win7 Ultimate x64 |

PostPosted: 01 May 2013, 17:39 

Delphium wrote:
That xml output does indeed only list titles that have a steam ID, there might be multiple entries of titles if it has multiple steam ID's attached to it as 1 DR often serves multiple versions, ie game of year editions etc.

There are a few in there with no SteamIDs, example Warframe (2nd from bottom)

Delphium wrote:
you can also use arguments with the url/xml, such as http://www.wsgf.org/mgl/xml/107410 - 107410 is the Steam ID for ARMA 3 for example.

This bits cool too I would rather not hit the server each time, plus eventually I want to hand the code off to you as you may want to incorporate it.

Is there any way I could get the same format of xml for every game you have? (as a static file sent via email would be fine, for dev)

I also would like to see if I can maybe do some matching on other games for you to get steam IDs as for example I have Dead Space 1 & 2, they are in your catalog but not in the xml.