Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 08:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2012, 00:30 
Administrators
Administrators

This is a public account for my known TODO's. Since I don't interact much with the community on the forums (mostly IRC these days) I thought it would be nice to have an up to date list of things I'm trying to get done. This includes more hard-to-fix bugs or time consuming features.

Order is not related to priority:

• Drupal2Mumble authentication (yes, we have a mumble server)

• RSS feed showing the wrong boxart

• mobile.xml is not Gzip'd (and should be)

• Automatic grading for DR's (based on drupal Rules)

• write a blog about our dedicated VM setup/switch over

• Look into why initial page loads seem to be slow after a while. I think it's related to cache purges

• Figure out why tanaki can't ever stay logged in

• Add a game dropbox in the Gallery Create/Edit screen that allows you to choose what game the gallery is associated with.

• Add a gallery list in the game's Detailed Report that automatically lists all the galleries associated with that game.

• Move site to EC2

• Make site mutli-site away so we can setup subdomains with fewer modules (further reducing page load times)

• Make DR's show missing fields so people can see what's needed

• move to using more panel pages with views to reduce node_loads() in the templates.

• move to wsgf.org domain

Post subject: Fixed gzip by adding the
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2012, 04:41 
Administrators
Administrators

Fixed gzip by adding the following to nginx:

Code:

gzip  on;
       gzip_proxied any;
       gzip_comp_level 5;
       gzip_types text/xml text/plain application/json;
       gzip_vary on;
       gzip_disable "MSIE [1-6].(?!.*SV1)";

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2012, 02:48 

No vscan, I run bareass.

I had to login twice to post this reply. After my first login the thread would still show me logged out. When I clicked login at bottom I got access denied page. Kept at in and got second login which allowed me to post.

Also, when I search from the forums main page I get,

Validation error, please try again. If this error persists, please contact the site administrator.

In red at the top of the page.

EDIT - WTF how did my post get here?

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2012, 05:43 
Administrators
Administrators

To add to your list:

* Add a game dropbox in the Gallery Create/Edit screen that allows you to choose what game the gallery is associated with.
* Add a gallery list in the game's Detailed Report that automatically lists all the galleries associated with that game.

You do a great job for this site, thanks for everything.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2012, 03:09 
Administrators
Administrators

Automagic grading is DONE! Huzzah!

Tanaki seems to be able to stay logged in from what I can tell. Please let me know if otherwise.

Page loads for anonymous users are much better now, so I'm going to mark that as fixed. Even logged in total page load time on my horrible internet @home is ~4s. The images fail mostly because I just cleared cache and are still being re-generated.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2012, 03:11 
Administrators
Administrators

Very good sir, it's been an honour.

Post subject: Small update
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2012, 15:48 
Administrators
Administrators

[h2]Canceled the EC2 server move.[/h2]

Turns out, our application stack has a huge CPU load (still looking for that) and the clamped CPU cycles without bursting really really hurts logged in performance. Anonymous users were still fast (because of awesome caching part1 part2 blog posts about it) but logged in our page loads were no less than 40+ seconds. That was unacceptable performance losses so we made the decision to back out from EC2. Total costs involved in testing all that out? About $15.

[h2] wsgf.org domain name [/h2]

The new trend these days is short and sweet domains, so WSGF is joining in with wsgf.org. We decided to go with www.wsgf.org since everyone types it in anyway, but wsgf.org will work just as widescreengamingforum.com and www.widescreengamingforum.com will; with a soft redirect to www.wsgf.org. Let us know what you think