Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2011, 20:10 

I would like to see a review of Matrox M-series, especially of the 8 miniDP output (single bracket) M9188 card (is it one-GPU or two-GPU solution? What are those four chips near the outputs that are visible on the product pictures? What DX/OpenGL versions does it support? Performance with recent games?). It supports up to two cards in a system for a total of 16 displays.

Questions that I can't find in the FAQs
- What is the maximum screen resolution supported in Windows 7 (both horizontal and vertical)?
- What is the maximum number of GPUs supported by DX11 (I assume 4 - regardless of the number of graphics cards)?
- Is AMD HD3D supported together with Eyefinity? (any real world HD3D implementations?)
- Does Nvidia Surround support 4 GPUs for up to 8 display output (if not, what's the maximum number of GPUs and displays)
- Nvidia Surround uses outputs of at least 2 GPUs in order to support more than 2 monitors. Does Eyefinity support using outputs of multiple GPUs (e.g. 4 GPUs for up to 24 outputs or at least 2 GPUs for up to 6 outputs - this will allow usage of 5 or 6 monitors even if the cards have less outputs)? Can CrossfireX be activated if using outputs of multiple GPUs (because otherwise performance will be too low)?

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2011, 11:22 
Editors
Editors

- Does Nvidia Surround support 4 GPUs for up to 8 display output (if not, what's the maximum number of GPUs and displays)
- Nvidia Surround uses outputs of at least 2 GPUs in order to support more than 2 monitors. Does Eyefinity support using outputs of multiple GPUs (e.g. 4 GPUs for up to 24 outputs or at least 2 GPUs for up to 6 outputs - this will allow usage of 5 or 6 monitors even if the cards have less outputs)? Can CrossfireX be activated if using outputs of multiple GPUs (because otherwise performance will be too low)?

nVidia Surround supports a maximum of three screens, and a maximum of three GPUs.

CrossFireX cannot (to my knowledge) be used if more than one card is used as a display output.

:)