Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:41

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2010, 16:10 
Founder
Founder

We are running another contest for the holidays. All you have to do is be the highest rated comment on these YouTube videos: Deus Ex Revolution - Eyefinity Showcase, Borderlands, Lord of the Rings Online - DX11 Showcase. Contest runs through 31st, and the winners will be picked on January 1st.

Prizes:
Deus Ex - Copy of Deus Ex Collection
Borderlands - Copy of Borderlands, or the DLC Pack (if you already have the game)
Lord of the Rings Online - 1500 Turbine Points

The games will be sent through Steam, and a scan of the codes from the Turbine cards will be emailed.

Fine Print:
- You will need to have a Steam account to receive the games
- You will need to be a registered user on YouTube to comment
- You will need to be a subscriber of the WSGF YouTube channel
- You DO NOT need to be a registered member of the WSGF forum
- The WSGF reserves the right to disqualify comments/commentors based on comment quality/relevancy.

Thanks to Ergotech for sponsoring this contest.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2011, 03:49 
Founder
Founder

The contest is over, and I have declared the winners. I had to exercise a little discretion. I have messaged the winners over YouTube. The winners are:

LOTRO - JackDRay
This is what Eyefinity and DX11 are made for. Standing at a cliff in Rivendell and looking at the waterfall, you can almost feel like you are there with the fellowship.

Borderlads - bf2addict
@Gimpylung you can use the binding key workaround to reset FOV when driving but it can cause stuttering; so still no optimum solution for vehicle FOV. I have the binding key workaround to reset FOV in my strafe and sprint keys so once I exit my vehicle I pretty much instantly reset my FOV.

Deus Ex (Two Winners!!!) - HertzSine
It would appear we are finally getting some updated visuals in PC games; for too long Crysis has been the best overall showcase and while I am not claiming this game will beat Crysis, it is a step towards a game eventually doing so definitively.

I have yet to play any of the Deus Ex games; I prefer to play an entire franchise in order, no matter how many overly critical fans might complain about the 2nd one...Thumbs up and I might get my chance!

redrain85
Even though it looks like the PC version could suffer a little from being a console port (level size, specifically), it seems like Eidos is putting in some extra effort with DX11, tougher AI, PC UI, and Eyefinity support out of the box. I'm glad ATI is sponsoring the game with their Gaming Evolved program: which is probably why the PC version is getting special treatment.

Though if the PC version turned out to be terrible, I don't think many people would forgive Eidos for such a transgression.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2011, 15:46 
Editors
Editors

Congratulations to all winners! :twothumb

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2011, 07:14 

I honestly didn't expect to win the Deus Ex competition. There were so many other comments, and my understanding was that only rated comments would win. So imagine my surprise when I was told I'd won. Sweet! Thanks for the New Year's gift. :D

TRON 2.0: Killer App Mod - Adds 16:9 and 16:10 widescreen support, game fixes, and much more

BenQ EW2420 | XFX Radeon 6870 1 GB GDDR5 | EVGA GT240 512 MB GDDR5 (Hybrid PhysX) | Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe | AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BE 3.3 GHz | 4 GB G.Skill DDR2-1066 |

Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1 | PCP&C Silencer 750W Quad | Coolermaster Elite 330 case | Windows 10 Technical Preview