Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:50

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2010, 00:15 

That would be a nice Christmas present!

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2010, 03:39 

So far my widescreen experience has been limited to desktop only. I recently purchased 2 x Dell 23" IPS monitors to go with my ever-trusty 24" Dell TN (seriously 5 years on and it's STILL alive and kicking).

As mentioned previously, if both Nvidia and AMD can get rid of the SLI/monitor EDID restrictions, it'll make an already expanding phenomena more mainstream again, which can only be a good thing as more developers add enhanced support for widescreen.

Love to be picked out of the hat to experience widescreen gaming first hand = D

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2010, 07:12 

I have personally never experienced eyefinity/surround vision/ matrox triple header, but I am very interested in trying it out. Interested enough to visit WSGF =] There is a new game coming out named TERA which supports eyefinity and I may just have to take the plunge when it is released.
It's pricey to get 3 monitors and a shiny new video card, but if i was to win a brand new video card I would be able to afford the extra monitors.

Would love to win HIS 6870 turbo!

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2010, 08:30 

My experience with eyefinity is limited to vicariously watching YouTube videos of it. I've always been on a tight budget so purchasing a high-end card is never really an option for me. I am saving for a 6870 and if by luck I win this contest then hurrah, get one early! ;)

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2010, 09:00 

Hello all,...

I have never used eyefinity,...
but i have friend just setup his eyefinity :D

Test with:
Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X
ASUS VW193 LCD (x3)
Cooler Master GX 550W
Intel Core i5 530
ASUS P7H55M-Pro Motherboard
Muscle Power 2GB DDR3

Performance HD 5770 for Crysis Warhead DX10

Field of View

with 1 LCD

with 3 LCD

Can you see the difference?,.. Fantastic!!! :rockout

Real Eyefinity photo on my friend desk

Movie Test

Aspect Ratio for HD Movie very cool!!! :rockout

Summary
Have fun with surround gaming,..

Get Immersed with AMD Eyefinity Technology

* Expand your favorite games across multiple displays with AMD Eyefinity technology for an incredibly expansive field of view.

* Get the freedom and flexibility to upgrade. This modular solution enables you to add more displays when you need them.
* Get more done. Put your productivity into overdrive and let up to three displays put all the information you need right before your eyes.
* Don't choose between play and work. Let up to three displays help you enjoy games, movies and the web at the same time.

End test Eyefinity and thank you for read. :D

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2010, 12:04 

I think it's not ready for mainstream yet, there are some kinks that need working out. I personally couldn't justify the expense yet.

However, the tech itself is important, and it's a good thing there are finally major players behind it.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2010, 13:36 

What Eyefinity has done for me is open me up to the world of triple monitor computing. While playing games with an increased FOV is fantastic and I just can't go back, the possibilities it has also opened up for general desktop use makes it a winner hands down. Full kudos for AMD/ATi for pushing the boundaries and being the first to offer such a great feature. Was definately the reason why I moved across from having a series of Nvidia cards over the years and jumped on the Radeon bandwagon. Great stuff!

I think it's not ready for mainstream yet, there are some kinks that need working out. I personally couldn't justify the expense yet.

A year ago I would of agreed with you, but having experienced it right from the beginning, it's come a LONG way. The main stumbling block was the DisplayPort requirement and the issues with many of the active adaptors. This has largely been addressed with the introduction of newer generation active displayport to dvi adaptors which from all reports (including myself) has solved the issues.

It's not for everyone, but with LCD manufacturers like Samsung jumping on board with ready made Eyefinity screen setups, the future is looking great.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2010, 15:55 

I have not owned an Eyefinity setup yet, but from what I have seen in stores, it's pretty cool.

When I accumulate enough cash, I might consider investing in one or two 6870s and two more 20WGX2 screens to back up the old one I own :D

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2010, 16:44 

Until now I have played only a handful of games using Eyefinity technology and have to admit that although it's still a developing trend it has a huge potential.

The main issues are monitors' bezel sizes - it has a chance of becoming a mainstream product (like 3D LCD TV's this season) if (when) monitor producers deal with this problem and we'll see a real explosion of affordable Eyefinity-dedicated displays.

Eyefinity gives an advantage of wider field of view and allows players to spot enemies in FPP shooters otherwise placed outside the screen. In racing games it delivers more immersive experience by showing the side mirrors and the side of the road bringing car simulators to a higher level.

In connection with 3D technology Eyefinity allows gamers to squeeze all the possible awesomeness from their GPU's and gives hardware junkies like us a reason to upgrade ;)

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2010, 17:48 

On the whole, my Eyefinity experience has been positive. Many games work with Eyefinity with a minimal amount of tinkering. The added feeling of immersion was well worth the cost of buying 2 additional 24" monitors to match the 24" I already had. With the release of nvidia's surround technology to match AMD's offereing, new games will hopefully have official support for multimonitor gaming and maybe the ability to change FOV and center HUD elements and menus without the need for 3rd party tweaks and hacks/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20  Next