Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010, 07:21 

I have never used eyefinity, but that's not to say I wouldn't pitch my 2 GTX 460's to the side and give it a try if I was lucky enough to win this awsome card!

:cheers

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010, 07:54 

I think overall, eyefinity is definitely worth the money for me, but others may feel it is just too much cash. The experience is amazing, the extra width is worth having, but on the other hand today's graphics chips are struggling and there are more than a few bugs.
I'm all for it, it adds an extra something to gameplay, and doesn't need the geeky glasses or give you a headache as 3d vision does because i have experienced it. I think the technology needs to have a few bugs ironed out, but overall it is totally useable. The biggest downside aside from the cost is the need for the most powerful GPUs in town to power it. I hope that i will win this powerful card :D

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010, 11:38 

[quote]... I first saw Asus Vh236h's ad. She had a dark, almost mirror-like complexion ...

Um, look, I don't know how to break this to you, so I'll just come out and say it. Asus Vh236h was born male. Now, sure, she's very passable, and since this is the 21st century there's nothing wrong with it, but I just thought you ought to know.

LOL, I was beginning to wonder if anyone had even read my post. Thanks for the info, but I figure I can't tell then what's the difference, right? :D

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010, 14:36 

Multi-display gaming is interesting. Here's my thought on the benefits of multi-display gaming:
- Stretching a in-game view across three monitors results in a scenic panorama, immersing gamers in the marvel of the game's graphics.
- In RTS games, management is far more easier to accomplish as one doesn't need to constantly scroll across the battlefield.
- In racing & FPS games, a bigger screen estate & true peripheral vision enables to gamers to detect opponents trying overtake/sneak up from behind.

Multi-display gaming hasn't gone mainstream yet. But AMD has done a marvelous first step with Eyefinity. Up until now, bringing multi-dispaly gaming to the general consumers was almost impossible due to technical & performance limitations & complicated setup process. When the Radeon HD5000 cards were first introduced, Eyefinity enabled a single graphic card to support multiple monitors at once and one just need to plug in the monitors and then let the drivers detect them.

If hardware prices starts dropping, the technology becomes more affordable and most importantly, AMD & Nvidia make more effort to spark the interest of millions of casual gamers in multi-display gaming (not just hardcore gamers), we could see multi-display gaming becoming mainstream in the next decade.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2010, 00:10 

Eyefinity trully is an immersive experience than 3d. It makes feel likes i've been there. Just love it!

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2010, 02:44 

I am using Eyefinity since the release of the 5770's. For me it became a must for a game. I haven't played a single game without eyefinity ever since. It is a much better experience in every game. It is a great thing that AMD made triple monitor gaming affordable. I will propably never go back to single monitor gaming :D

Totally agree. It's one of the cons too about Eyefinity, there is no way I'm going to play any game that doesn't support it. :D

Like I was eagerly playing StarCraft II, before I got my Eyefinity setup running, but when I did, I haven't touch the game at all. There is hack for it of course, but Blizzard doesn't like about it.

Good thing though is that ~90% of the new games (or even more) supports Eyefinity. Also, luckily lot of the old games like Baldur's Gate can be run on Eyefinity setup with mods. ;)

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2010, 11:04 

Q: What's your thoughts/ experience of Eyefinity (Multi-Display Gaming)?
A: It's so awesome so I don't even know what's that just coz single monitor costs 3 times more than my month salary. So Eyefinity should be REALLY cool and cooler than Russia.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2010, 13:15 

Q: What's your thoughts/ experience of Eyefinity (Multi-Display Gaming)?

A: I do have a capable GPU (Sapphire 5850), but I don't have Eyefinity (yet). Have been looking around on Youtube and it looks really immersive! And people here are really enthusiastic about it! But I wonder: aren't the frames from the monitors annoying? When things get small - for example an enemy in Modern Warfare 2 far away - you just don't see them.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2010, 17:27 

Playing fps shooters using eyefinity and amd technology let me stay on top using widescreen eyefinity for eyefunity.
Its a blast having such widen field of vision and it helps with gameplay.
Its more immersive, its more fun, and its just great for gaming on PC.

Here is an example gaming with BC2, 5760x1080, from my callname: skjutengris on a snowmap

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010, 02:44 

I just found out about multi-screen gaming. I can't wait to get started (looks wicked!).

Still doing my research on what kinda of equipment to get (Screens, GPU's, etc.) Right now I just have a mixed bag of monitors (24", 20" and a 19") - so not real sure what I can do with that right now but willing to purchase more if needed...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next