Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010, 13:51 

Q: What's your thoughts / experience of Eyefinity (Multi-Display Gaming)?
I have two monitors but don't currently have a video card with multiple outputs. When I first read about Eyefinity it sounded amazing. I've read a ton of reviews about the technology and it does seem like it would be fantastic for gaming. I recall playing flight sims years ago thinking how cool it would be to be able to look around and have the view surrounding you, now it's a reality.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010, 14:21 
Insiders
Insiders

My thoughts:

Eyefinity is the future of gaming.
I love everything about Eyefinity ^^... Except when the gpu is overheating the monitor conected through the DP flickers :/ - Fix that and the tech is perfect.
Oh. And plz let there be more games that work with EF without need of some special config. Like Fallout: Nev Vegas etc. Its suprising that game devs dont take advantage of this awesome tech.

Anyway - GL to all in the contest ^^

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010, 16:18 

Hello, I have been using eyefinity with 3x 23" monitors at 5960x1080 resolution for about 9 months now. I absolutely love my three monitor setup. My only quirk is when I play games like SC2, I am not able to take advantage of it fully (also has a nasty bug with xfire as well, which I run a 5970card as well, so I need to disable Cat AI to run the game, which is my single screen profile).

Adjusting from Single to Multi monitors for everyday tasks is a bit of a difference - though having the extra room definitely helps in multitasking. Gamingwise, I only have UI issues at most with current titles, which is usually easily fixable. The enhanced experience with eyefinity is something that I feel I cannot go back to a single monitor again with, it gives so much more immersion having peripheral vision of your surroundings. It also allows for much quicker target acquisition as you have the information in your vision much quicker, so you can turn and pinpoint what you want rather than having to turn and scan at the same time. It is definately noticable in both first and third person games. Top-Downs, such as RTSs, I would say benefit the least from the extra vision - as the sides are usually too far to read well and it interferes with scrolling your vision with your screen edges. Still, it is a nice option to have in top downs that do support it.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010, 18:31 

... I first saw Asus Vh236h's ad. She had a dark, almost mirror-like complexion ...

Um, look, I don't know how to break this to you, so I'll just come out and say it. Asus Vh236h was born male. Now, sure, she's very passable, and since this is the 21st century there's nothing wrong with it, but I just thought you ought to know.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010, 19:18 

My friend has eye-finity with 3 42" monitors and imo it is quite AWESOME!

I really like when he plays mw2 or some other gud games.. its just so.... beautiful

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010, 21:04 

My experience of Eyefinity has been absolutely amazing so far. Due to budget constraints I had to skip the 48xx generation and thankful am I for that as it allowed to me get what is possibly the best thing to happen to PC gaming for me.
Eyefinity has become such an integral part of my gaming experience that I actually wait for confirmation of Eyefinity support on all new releases now. There are very few exceptions these days where I will buy a game that doesn't allow me to play in Eyefinity. What is surprising about this though is that it doesn't take a giant budget or 'the' top end card to enjoy this superb gaming experience.

Whilst it's not a perfect technology, with issues due to adapters and the forced use of displayport amongst others, this is not a new thing. One of the major stumbling blocks (in my opinion) is game developer support. But this is nothing new and one only has to see the issues when widescreen monitors were on the uptake. Technology will march on and as usual its the software that is playing catchup, look at the explosion in multi-core CPU's.

My blinkers have been removed and I'm wallowing in immersion. More please! :shock:

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010, 21:38 

I'm owner of 3xFullHD 23" screen setup with ATi Eyefinity and it works really nice. I also like it on my non-gaming mode too, when I can put email, web browser and explorer in full screen at the same time.

Moving to Surround gaming felt the biggest thing since moving to 3D accelerators (3DFX Voodoo). :surroundsmiley

:triplewide

Only two issues I can name:
1) Sometimes it changes resolution to 1024x768 or something similar (usually when opening apps like Paint Shop Pro)
2) After playing some games mouse cursor gets corrupted -> FIX: Set mouse trailing on.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010, 22:27 

I am using Eyefinity since the release of the 5770's. For me it became a must for a game. I haven't played a single game without eyefinity ever since. It is a much better experience in every game. It is a great thing that AMD made triple monitor gaming affordable. I will propably never go back to single monitor gaming :D

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010, 02:43 

Eyefinity/multi monitor gaming is just the best. Until you've tried it you might understand, but once you do you'll never go back. I like multi monitors so much i brought an extra monitor just to use at work.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010, 04:49 

I havent been able to enjoy the eyefinity viewing pleasure yet,have seen the reviews and i love it. Merry Xmas y'all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next