Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 17:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010, 14:00 

prizes are always nice:)

Post subject: HIS Technology
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010, 14:17 

I now have a HIS HD 4870 card and I have enjoyed it immensely and wish I could experience the awesome vision that the new HIS Radeon HD 6870 Turbo Eyefinity4 has to offer. I try to upgrade my system as fast as I can to experience the depth of HD that HIS has to offer but I can't afford it right now but as soon as I can I will have another ASUS 22" Monitor and the much needed 6870 to fell the depth of vision technology that HIS has put forth for all to experience.
I hope to join the forum in the near future to share my experience with the newest and formost technology that HIS has to offer.
Thanks for letting me share.
[email protected]

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010, 14:32 

It' is just awsome and the best way to play through multi-display i would never want to go back to just one screen again.

I could do with a better graphics card but at the moment i can't afford one yet,

hope I win :D

Thank You.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010, 14:42 

My eyefinity experience has been exactly as I expected (good!), except for these 2 issues:

1) The total lack of useful working DP->DVI cables at launch. It only took 10 months for Single-Link Active adapters with a good pricetag (< 30$) to appear on the market.

2) The ineffiency (or total brokeness) of using crossfire and eyefinity at the same time. This apparently is rectified in the 6xxx series, but that's a lot of wasted money and broken promises for people that bought 2 or more 5870's or 5970's. Doesn't affect me since I only bought 1 5870, but it prevented me buying a second one.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010, 16:24 

i do not run in eyefinity aswell but my friend does i always when i go to his home sitting on his pc and playing cod the experience and the feeling when u play its simply amazing, cards will be simple a gift for someone who want to start and build his system for eyefinity or even upgrade an older one.

Good luck all

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010, 17:35 

Here's my experience:

The good:
Multi-display gaming has completely changed how I look at gaming on the PC. The improvement for games ranges from nice to amazing, and ever since trying it out, I want to play every other game I have on multiple screens. From now on, all of my hardware purchases will be aimed at making my multi-display setup better, and all of my software purchases will be partly based on proper multi-display support.

The bad:
Compatibility issues with games. Most of the games I have support multi-display gaming, but many require some hacking. Burnout Paradise supports it natively, and that's glorious. But Batman AA requires editing config files to add FoV manipulators, and L4D requires hacking the GUI to show everything on the center screen. Likewise, RTS games that spread the buttons across three-screens are, to me, virtually unplayable. I look forward to all games natively supporting multi-displays.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010, 20:18 

Tried Eyefinity for the first time a few months ago when I built my gaming computer. Worked quite nicely, excepting the fact that I had 3 completely different sized monitors. For eyefinity, you really need to use 3 monitors of equal size and resolution. I had a 28" 1920x1200, a 22" 1680x1050, and a 19" 1440x900; they all defaulted to the lowest common denominator: 1440x900.
And even though the monitors did not flow together very nicely, I could still get a sense of how eyefinity felt, and it's pretty awesome. Playing L4D2 was probably the most immersive - it feels so weird having essentially peripheral vision like that.

So, overall, I do indeed like eyefinity, but just need the funds to buy monitors of equal size. And a powerful graphics card...like the HIS HD 6870...hint hint... :D

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010, 23:37 

The Good:
My experience with Eyefinity has been mostly positive. It tends to "just work" and most games support triple-monitor resolutions either out of the box or with minimal tweaking (though that's a fault within the games themselves, not a problem with Eyefinity). The increased immersion is incredible at these aspect ratios, not to mention the gameplay advantage in simulation type games (GRID, DiRT2, Flight Simulator X) where Eyefinity actually makes in-car view usable.

I'll never go back to a single monitor, that's for sure.

The Bad:
Driver issues. I can't stress this enough, AMD's video drivers need a lot of work. There's a pretty long list of bugs that were known on launch-day that STILL haven't been resolved. Eyefinity is an awesome technology, but the other issues you have to put up with in order to use it are really starting to kill my enthusiasm.

I'm sticking with ATi for now, but how they handle the current driver situation will decide where my money goes when I hit my next upgrade cycle.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010, 00:08 

EyeFinity is absolutely amazing. I managed to get two monitors only to test it with my game (battleforge). It's great, no doubt about it but i has to switch back to 1 monitor bc my vidoe is bit slow.

Keep it up HIS

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010, 00:42 

Honestly, it's the most elegant and effective solution to multi-monitor gaming. You can't beat it, and it now caters to those yearning for a stereoscopic 3D experience.

All I need now is two monitors :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next