Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:25

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010, 08:02 

Multi-monitor gaming, including Eyefinity, allows a whole other degree of immersion that is currently unsurpassed. While I'm sure in the future there will be technologies in the future that extend beyond our existing solutions, Eyefinity serves as a way to demonstrate just how far graphics technology has come even within the last few years. That consumer-level hardware is able to accommodate modern computer graphics at "beyond HD" levels is, frankly, still pretty astonishing to me.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010, 09:17 

little snafu's aside, I absolutely love my eyefinity rig. Just need to get the 5x1 drivers out and we're golden. Like many others have stated, you just can't go back to single monitor after you've tried multimon setups.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010, 10:17 

Eyefinity is awesome. It makes your monitors into windows to the world of the game you are playing.
I hope I can do some 3D gaming with eyefinity in the future!

It is just amazing that we can play game with multimon setup at home.
It is amazing how fast technology has enhanced our gaming experience.
Maybe 2 to 3 years from now, we will all surround ourselves in array of 3D monitors. :rockout

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010, 10:21 
Editors
Editors

Q: What's your thoughts/ experience of Eyefinity (Multi-Display Gaming)?

A: Eyefinity opened the doorway to an experience I had been wanting to explore for a very long time.

I had been interested in multi monitor gaming ever since I first found out about the Matrox TH2G. However despite the interest I was not able to justify the large expenditure required to buy an expensive piece of hardware in addition to all the other hardware you would need.

When ATI announced eyefinity it was like somebody out there was listening to my inner thoughts and answered them with a real life solution. Incorporate all the functionality of the Matrox TH2G into existing hardware at no additional cost. Not only did they do this but they removed several of the limitations the TH2G had like the lower resolution/refresh rate issues.

So I traded out my dual 4850's and got a single 5870, bought 3 matching monitors and built my own desk to hold it all.

::Enter the realm of Eyefinity::

The experience was everything I was hoping it would be and more. WSGF has been the key resource for making the most out of a surround setup, being by a large margin the #1 resource of hacks/patches/configurations needed to make games work.

Surround gaming is very important to me and will always continue to be. With the dawn of 3D gaming upon us many people may move onto that however I have a vision handicap where I am basically blind in my left eye making all that 3D Jazz not work for me, but the 3 wide monitors still adds great depth and immersion to any games that support it.

I must also say as great as Eyefinity is, it is not without it flaws.

One of the things that have hampered the perfect experience is what I call "the line" problem. Where I have a vertical line going across one or more of my monitors almost like a v-sync tearing issues but its not. Its distracting and takes that perfect game world and reminds me that I am looking at my computer monitors and playing a game instead of letting me completely absorb myself in the scenery and game.

Another minor scoff is the requirement of a display port monitor, I had to buy 3 monitors for my setup so I got native DP monitors but that added a lot of cost to my setup, and those with existing monitor setups had to play a nerve wrecking lotto game with adapters hoping everything would work alright.

Eyefinity is evolving, it has gotten much better than it was at release and I still feel its the best multi monitor gaming solution out there. I hope AMD protects there baby and continues to support it strong, fixes the existing problems and pushes the game developers to support it in all future titles.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010, 10:28 

Video card just super. Like all the products his.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010, 11:09 

Waiting for 6890,
and a nice gift ;)

Bye
Luca

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010, 11:43 

I want a 6870 to do eyefinity, but I have to know the wall out of my office so I can fit 3 monitors in the room. It is not my fault that I need extra room as my displays are 37" 1080P LCDs. Would that make my eyefinity a 111"? Oh Yes!!!!
Kickstand

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010, 12:05 

Hi All

Eyefinity?

I think it's awesome. When i earn the money I'll buy a new screen.

it's a good prize.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010, 12:14 

My relationship with my monitor, Vx2235wm, has always been strong to say the least, but lately we both felt like something was missing. After a discussion late one night we came to a decision: we would experiment with adding another monitor. I don't know if it was her idea or mine, but we were both excited by the idea so I began perusing for a suitable addition to our relationship.

I remember I was browsing a popular techno-human matchmaking site when I first saw Asus Vh236h's ad. My hands trembled as I slowly clicked through the image gallery. She had a dark, almost mirror-like complexion and a full 24" 1080p, and with her 160 degree viewing angle I'd be able to see her 20000:1 aspect ratio from just about anywhere. The words "2ms response time" sat there coyly in front of me as if to say, "you know you want me". And I did.

My current monitor seemed just as excited as I was, so together we sent this new monitor-bombshell a request for her to come join us. We received almost an immediate reply and were left only to anxiously await her arrival. A few days later there was a knock at the door and when I opened it there was Ms. Asus in all her beauty. It was all I could do to not undress her right there on the porch. Instead, without a word, I brought her to my desk where Vx2235wm rested, still warm from a game we had been playing moments before. When she saw the package in my arms her screen twinkled with delight.

I began by stripping off Vh236h's packing tape, letting the box flaps pop open with a sigh. Next I cradled her close so I could connect her base. I could tell it was her first time, but I promised I'd be gentle and then slid the plastic in place. Her parts fit together perfectly and soon she was positioned close to Vx2235wm. I let them take a moment to get acquainted while I finished removing Vh236h's cords from the box, now strewn casually on the floor. After a few intense moments everything was nearly ready. I remember looking deeply into Vx2235wm's screen as I finished plugging in Vh236h's cords for the first time. It was then that we realized we had never felt closer.

I cannot describe the intense feelings the three of us shared that night. My two monitors enjoyed using their eyefinity together. They complemented each other perfectly as we started off experimenting with some older games before making our way to the newer ones. Each game left us more exhilarated than the one before. By the end of the night, with the sun beginning to rise, we all fell asleep, exhausted, but with enthusiastic anticipation for what would come when we next played together.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010, 13:28 

Eyefinity is crazy, awesome support on one card alone. Card stays cool and performs great. Love the way HIS design their display pictures on the graphics cards.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next