Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:56

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2010, 03:17 

My thoughts on Eye-finity-entry.
1/You took the first serious gaming step in the marketing race and have forced the green boys to follow. (Matrox was not really intended for gaming)
2/ Your development has been pretty swift compared to the competition
a/ less power
b/ less heat
c/ less noise
d/ driver development is always moving ahead, with sucess as opposed to the competitors flops of late
e/ can achieve multi screen viewing off one card
3/ Your progress with drivers, (whilst not without its hiccups) is getting better and better as you learn
4/ You support WSGF, and as such recognise your market and supporters, your competitors think they are too good for that
(respect for Dave's participation in this forum and your support of its members)
5/ For your size (in relative terms) you punch well above your weight
6/ Your cards have made tripple screen gaming the standard, as 3d will become in the near future
7/ Pricing is always competitive, and as such have forced others to follow
8/ I wish I had gone this route now as W/C costs were twice what I paid for the cards on top of thier price.... :?
9/ My experience is only viewing it in action at a store, where I was suitably impressed with its speed, detail and user friendly interface for the game it was running (Dirt 2)
10/ If I was to be the lucky winner, it would get donated to a friend and online racing buddy of mine who is doing it tough and saving the few spare pennies he has to get an eyefinity set up. He is a great bloke with some permenant health issues, and a family to support. He has been saving for over a year now and is getting closer to his dream, it would make my day (and his christmas) to see him enjoy your product. Here's hoping :wink:

Well done on this give away, along with mounted concepts, your actions back you intentions and support those that support you. Huge respect from this community for putting something back into it. :rockout

Mike
Syd
Aust

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2010, 03:29 

being an old timer, screen real estate is definitely a plus. Eyefinity is a simple, affordable way to achieve this, and as a plus I get to play games with surround vision. The 6870 would be a great upgrade over my existing card, as right now framerates are a little low.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2010, 03:40 

My computer is in dire need of upgrading, its an old retail HP desktop. With this card, it would be a perfect incentive to buy a PCIe grade motherboard and upgrade the CPU and RAM. I haven't tried eyefinity yet, but if i can get my hands on a cheap trio of monitors it would be fun to try.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2010, 05:27 

My thoughts on Eyefinity is thats its a great concept and while ive never used it myself, ive seen it being used and was def impressed. i would love to own the hardware to try it but ill never be able to amass the money to own all the hardware. i have to say thanx to you guys for giving everyone a chance at coming one step closer to having there own eyefinity rig!! m/

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2010, 14:43 

Q: What's your thoughts/ experience of Eyefinity (Multi-Display Gaming)

Well, I have visited a friend with a 3x1 setup with a newer AMD card and it blew my mind, the realism and immersion into the game was wicked. Im just saving up the cash to buy the displays, and a better card... winning this prize would take a load off my bill :)

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2010, 14:58 

My thoughts, well Eyefinity is the way to go, I got the CPU, GPU, and Case, now all I need is the displays. If i won the card i would probably sell to help buy more displays or give to a friend so he can enjoy the greatness that is Eyefinity!

Really love the technology and how plug-n-play it is.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2010, 15:14 

Eyefinity has been a real game changer. The new 6800 series looks to bring the multi monitor performance of the 5800 series while using lower power.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2010, 17:10 

AWESOME!!! GO 6870!!

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2010, 17:30 

What are my thoughts on Multi-monitor Gaming? "I wish i had more money" :P

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2010, 18:45 

I know the technology is aimed at gamers, but what I am looking forward to is how stable and reliable it is if used in a commercial application (was dominated by matrox / custom circuits).

I found this card ATI FirePro™ V9800 Professional Graphics on AMDs website, and since its a FirePro it should hold its own, but they don't get much press/reviews/benchmarks compared to the gaming cards....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next