Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 04:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: 16 Dec 2010, 21:55 

My thoughts? I'd like to win so I can experence it

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2010, 22:15 

Awesome prize! Can you image playing on Command and Conquer, no need to scroll any more.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2010, 01:05 

Truly awesome hardware. Eyefinity is the future of gaming!

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2010, 03:40 

Haven't had much time to play with it since my card doesn't support it but it seams cool. I wish my desk was bigger so I could have 3 monitors for gaming :lol: Hopefully I'll be able to use it once I upgrade later. (Or win this card *hint hint*)

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2010, 04:53 

I find it too expensive. I rarely play video games on my PC anymore. I've moved most of my gaming time to a PS3 and DS.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2010, 05:28 

I haven't had much personal experience with Eyefinity, but I did build a system for my cousin with Eyefinity capabilities, the only problem is $$$$$ for multiple monitors. When I get a chance to put a 6800 series in my system, I will for sure wrangle up two more HD monitors. I think the timing is great for 3D Multimedia technology to advance in leaps and bounds to keep the peoples interest on PC's. Or they could lose a large part of the target buyers to 3D Cinema. Thats just my half cents.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2010, 05:51 

That is an awesome sounding card from what i've read about it.
Am curently running 2 HD4870's on 2 HannS.G's and they look great.
Crosses fingers on winning this card

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2010, 08:28 

I am trying to build a new rig for xmas and I cant imagine how awesome it would be to have a brand new 6870 and then invest in a few 1920x1080p monitors for an awesome EyeFinity experience! I've been wanting to try it out for over a year but havent been able to yet! I'm just super happy it supports all of the games I play most, mostly Valve games!
Maybe I'll get lucky in this contest!

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2010, 10:14 

Q: What's your thoughts/ experience of Eyefinity (Multi-Display Gaming)?

I REALLY enjoy it! You have all this room to look at and everything just seems so much bigger while playing. I've recently went back to 2 displays since a third went elsewhere in my house but I can't wait to get back into Eyefinity gaming!

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2010, 14:37 

I'd like to take this one to a serious level. I think AMD's (yeah, quick change of my naming habits after the ATi logo was dropped recently) approach is a very smart one. It offers you the opportunities to tie several screens together with only few cables, using only one card for widescreen footage. For office work it's a cheap solution, an HD5770 will do so end users can be happy with this platform: low costs, low power consumption and still a great FOV to work, type and design on.

For gamers, a market which AMD obviously cares a lot about considering its latest marketing strategy, a lot of cards unfortunately won't do the job because they can't keep the FPS above the 30+ limit. Still, if the GPU is strong enough to hold out you are having an awesome experience against relatively low costs. Only mind the framebuffer, it has to be large and fast to avoid major hickups. Several reviews are backing this habit up, especially when you are applying a decent amount of AA on it. With products like the discussed HIS the capabilities are there, it's targeted at enthousiasts but I really hope for all users the buffer won't overflow. Mostly due to the stressing nature of some recently developed graphics engines of course but it’s definitely a valid point to watch out for. You've got to invest, without enough horses to keep on pulling that frame train it might get hard to enjoy the awesomeness!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next