Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 10:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2010, 21:03 

I think eyefinity revolutionized PC gaming by putting surround gaming on the map. Now game designers seem more likely to work to incorporate eyefinity/surround compatibility in games instead of leaving it up to the consumers to hope surround works and if it doesn't try to make it work through mods.

While I have not experienced eyefinity first hand all of my multimonitor experiences have been great but what was always lacking was combining the two screens into one large (virtual) screen. Eyefinity definitely made this affordable

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2010, 21:11 

I bought my 5970 Dec. 2010. I already had 3 1680x1050 monitors so I was setup for eyefinity right away. I am 47 yrs old and playing triple wide for the first time made me feel like a 8 yr. old at x-mas.
Dissapointed that all this cool new tech is coming at so late a stage in my pc gaming life! I would like to be 20 years old now. One of my monitors was a dell that had native dp on it so I did not have to go thru the active dp adapter stuff.

Sold the 5970 3 weeks ago to get top dollar for in preparation to see if I go 6870xfire, 6970xfire or 6990.

Also to let you know I have been using 2 x260gtx's in multimonitor for the last 3 weeks. (My friend that I sold the 5970 is letting me use these until I decide on the new cards or card.) One thing I can tell you is that the eyefinity is much easier for me to use than the nvidia solution.

I now look forward to the new 6 series cards with there better xfire scaling and bezel mgt as I now have 3 matching dell native dp monitors.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2010, 22:47 

I like the idea of multiple displays, and have played using eyeinfinity before, but I really hate how the monitors are separated by the frame. Its like driving with a bad blind spot. I think I would rather have a larger monitor, and have black bars on the top and bottom to get the wide screen view, but get rid of the anoying seperation in the screens.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2010, 05:26 

I wish I could say that I had a trouble free good experience with eyefinity. Unfortunately with me buying my cards right after release there were still many bugs that took away from the experience. I do believe though.... That they brought the muti-monitor gaming to the main stream. and set the stage for something great. I still have my cards in another rig. and they are great cards. but right now have chose the other guys for my muti monitor needs. With that said .. I think if it were not for AMD/ ATI . Those other Guy's may of never felt challenged to come out with there own version.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2010, 14:47 

Eyefinity absolutely rocks, Vanguard Saga of Heroes is a new game with three monitors.

These days you can find me:

Vanguard - Exmortis/Falcron/Treager/Goraag/Scrotal/Phailse - Telon Server

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Gen3/Gskill 4x4 DDR3-1600cl7/i7-2600K/7970 Lightning/24x27x24 eyefinity/Corsair K90/Corsair AX850/Revo3 240/ocz Vertex 3 240/WD VelociRapter 600/Corsair 600T/Logitech 5450Z 5.1

The priest asked "Who are you?"

And the voice replied "Legion for we are many."

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2010, 16:21 

my thoughts of the eyefinity(multi display gaming) is just like im really inside the display when i playing the fps shooting game like black ops.althought i didnt have a 3x1 monitor or what,but last time i did try to play it at my friend's house and he is using the HIS Radeon HD 6870 Turbo and i just feel that it is really awesome

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2010, 22:18 
Editors
Editors

Q: What's your thoughts/ experience of Eyefinity (Multi-Display Gaming)?

Switching to Surround was the biggest game-changing move I have made in the world of PC gaming since I got my first 3dfx Voodoo card. I have no direct experience of EyeFinity as a gaming solution but do have experience of nVidia Surround; both technologies are pretty much six of one, half a dozen of another when it comes down to it. If I was going to say EyeFinity had one advantage, it would be the ability to use it with a single card.

It's pretty hard work to play games in single screen now; chances are if a game won't do triplewide correctly, I won't bother playing it for long...

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2010, 22:58 

I frequently use the current video card to see the screen and desktop controls on one side and rendering in the other. Or working in parallel on two projects and I find it far easier access to the two outputs. It's a nice feeling but it takes time to adapt to this type of display.

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2010, 03:53 

Sweet prize, that would make for a nice Christmas hehe.

My dad got me into Eyefinity about a year ago and I can't do without it now it seems. right now I am running two 5850's on 3x 24" Acer monitors in 6048x1080 rez. The extended peripheral vision effect felt pretty natural to me early on so I didn't have to hard a time getting used to it. Playing something on one screen now feels cramped when a game doesn't work with Eyefinity, I rarely play them if they don't.

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2010, 07:37 

my thoughts hum i don't personally own a multi-display but i have a friend who does( i can't afford a decent graphic card and the monitors to do so

but i have seen my buddy play and man it is such a awesome experience and to know knowledge eyefinity made it quite easy and beautiful

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next