Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: 10 Dec 2010, 14:20 

I would say, i was spellbound when i saw my friend playing DiRT 2 in Eyefinity4 mode with 4 monitors.Multi-monitor gaming was always a fancy for me but after seeing the gameplay in the EyeFinity4 mode , it felt that it's an heck of a difference from single monitor gameplay. :shock:

I couldn't believe how much extra details i was seeing when playing a game in the Eyefinity4.It's just WOW.I can imagine how awesome it would have been playing COD Black OPS in the Eyefinity 4.I would be able to see the enemies before they hit me. :)

I wish i would have the pleasure to run my favourite games in the Eyefinity 4 mode because after seeing the eyefinity 4 in action , i do not want to play games without it. ;)

Thank You for the opportunity. :)

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2010, 22:47 

Its really amazing that you people are giving such an amazing gift..I don't know whether i am lucky or unlucky to win this Big prize as a Christmas gift from WSGF instead of santa but let me be frank and truthful to you guys..I have never used this technology practically...I hv just heard about this eyefinity technology/multiple display gaming in past months...read about it monthly magazines and definitely on forums like Anandtech and toms hardware....

As per my view, by watching videos on youtube related to eyefinity technology which involves multiple displays, i say its the 'future of gaming'...I was really amazed when i saw a guy playing NFS shift in 3 viewsonic monitors and the king size display it was forming,,Uff!!! i bacame jealous of him for some time..lolzzz.

Really i wud be the first guy in my country to play on multiple screen/wide screen gaming if i win this baby...

Thanks and Love to all you people..All the best...and Merry Xmas! :cheers

Rizwan

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2010, 07:47 

Thoughts on Eyefinity/Surround? Its both an exciting glimpse of the future and a depressing new benchmark for all the console games and blizzard games that dont work on it. You don't want to go back, but often you have no choice.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2010, 00:15 

I love my 6 monitor eyefinity setup. I just wish it wasn't limited to how many monitors you can cram onto one GPU. Being able to have an eyefinity grouping across two cards...think of those possibilities!

Hope I win!

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2010, 08:04 

Ive tried off the different surround gaming solutions that there is. First was 8800GT + a 6200 PCI-X1. Piece of Shite. Next was an 8800GT/9800Gt and triple head to go - much better smoothing game play. Nvidia surround via SLI GTX 275s - smooth as the triplehead to go, but driver support lacking. Finally tried the Eyefinity with an Sapphire 6870 on 3 Dell 19" LCDs @ 3840x1024. Just recently upgraded to HP LP2475s @ 6042x1200 .

Out of all the surround setups there are, The Eyefinity setup with my 6870 is by far the smoothest, most stable and easy to setup PERIOD. The Sapphire card came with a miniDP to DP adapter right out of the box so cudos to sapphire for that . These monitors have Native DP support as well as DVI and HDMI so only adapters ive needed are from miniDP to DP. I play WoW mostly and various flavors of CoD and HAWX. The setup is totally emersive in all aspects.

I think the best thing is that , even though my wife flames me for having such an obscene setup compared to the rest of the gamers in my family, she is no longer able to talk cause I caught her playing Farmville @ 6042x1200. ATI/AMD FTW

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2010, 08:20 

My experience with Eyefinity resume to the contact I had an IT event held in my country. A few minutes I tested a video player, a racing game and a presentation editor. There were impressive moments, when my expectations were exceeded in terms of multi-monitor display, but also moments of frustration when I was hard getting used to this method of display.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2010, 13:00 

If I die I hope there's Eyefinity in Heaven and 6870 is God. Oh wait! 6870 is God ! :bowdown

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2010, 17:58 

Long time member, first time poster. :wink: Just picked up 2x Acer H243Hbmid monitors yesterday to go with my year old Acer P244w. Setting up Eyefinity was a cinch after reading through a few tips on WSGF. :) I have the P244w in the center running off a DP->VGA adapter and the H243Hs on the sides attached to the other 2 DVI outputs on an XFX 5850. First game I fired up was Dirt2 and after a couple of false starts I got it working beautifully in 5760x1080 mode. :D It looks like I'll have to flash the EDID of my P244w to match the H243Hs to get Bezel compensation working, but I can wait for that. Oh and if I win the HIS Radeon HD 6870 Turbo Eyefinity4 I'll probably be selling my 5850, so be on the look out for that. :wink:

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2010, 02:23 

Some eyefinity setups are absolutely amazing.

How people can afford these monitors with thin bezels and in such high quantities is beyond me. I'm looking at 3x19" in the near future. I wish I could afford 3x24". Then again with bigger monitors, my HD5770 wouldn't be any good. :?

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2010, 02:54 

I've recently been using an Nvidia setup but the allure of surround gaming using only one GPU might just make me change my stripes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next