Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 22:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2008, 00:40 

I must have spaced out sometime recently. How long has the NWN server been up? I'll have to try that out.

Cynagen, I'm jealous of your net service. Who is the provider? I'd rather get speed boosts like yours than bandwidth caps (Comcast just notified me of the 250GB cap...time to call customer service and lite someone up :twisted: ).

-edit-
Tried connecting to the NWN server. No joy. Couldn't find the server in the lists and direct connect to the IP failed. I can ping 74.53.76.7 successfully, but not with port 5121.

The NWN server is down currently since the server it was on needed a tune up/upgrade, it'll come back up on Chapter 1 later today. As far as my ISP, I haven't checked recently, but they give me a free upgrade about once a year, and one paid upgrade ($5 more to the bill usually) about once every 2 years.

Currently my speeds are: (No cap, screw comcrap)
2mbps up 15-16mbps down
With PowerBoost:
3.5mbps up 24-30mbps down

I'm just a mile from the fiber tho, waiting for FTTH, not soon enough!

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2008, 00:41 

wtf doublepost, plz delete.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2008, 01:41 

GeneralAdmission,

Well, I'm mainly wondering because I've never played NWN normally, I'm a naughty cheat :).

So I'd hazard a guess I'd be roasted upon entering the city or such in normal play.

I'm mainly wondering about anything I might need to know to play. I can make a different thread if you want, so as not to hijack this one.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2008, 01:44 
Administrators
Administrators

[quote]
-edit-
Tried connecting to the NWN server. No joy. Couldn't find the server in the lists and direct connect to the IP failed. I can ping 74.53.76.7 successfully, but not with port 5121.

The NWN server is down currently since the server it was on needed a tune up/upgrade, it'll come back up on Chapter 1 later today.

Sorry about that, I performed the upgrade just after he posted apparently. Talk about bad timing!!

Anyway, we shouldn't need another upgrade for a while..unless cynagen gets all naughty....

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2008, 04:07 
Editors
Editors

Sorry about that, I performed the upgrade just after he posted apparently. Talk about bad timing!!

Anyway, we shouldn't need another upgrade for a while..unless cynagen gets all naughty....

Hey CrackerJackMack,

So are you an admin/tech sup for the game server? Looking forward to playing, as soon as I can conjure up a +1 Potion of Free Time for Gaming. ;)

Mesh, my knowledge is far from exhaustive, but I'd be happy to answer what I can if you start a new thread. And don't worry about getting roasted as soon as you jump in...that's just a welcoming fireball from my elf-wizard :twisted: :wink: (jk, I much prefer co-op over PvP)

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2008, 05:13 

[quote]Sorry about that, I performed the upgrade just after he posted apparently. Talk about bad timing!!

Hey CrackerJackMack,

So are you an admin/tech sup for the game server? Looking forward to playing, as soon as I can conjure up a +1 Potion of Free Time for Gaming. ;)

Mesh, my knowledge is far from exhaustive, but I'd be happy to answer what I can if you start a new thread. And don't worry about getting roasted as soon as you jump in...that's just a welcoming fireball from my elf-wizard :twisted: :wink: (jk, I much prefer co-op over PvP)

I'm the Games Administrator for WSGF, however, CrackerJackMack is the Server Administrator where the NWN server is hosted currently.

NWN Server is back online. I'm loading Prelude in order to allow you to set up characters and level them a bit so that way you don't get "slaughtered" like you said.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2008, 13:56 
Administrators
Administrators

Not quite. I am just helping Cynagen out by providing him with server space. I have a server I pay for and wanted to help out WSGF. Didn't want to make a huge deal out of it so it's really just been between Cynagen and myself :D

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2008, 18:28 
Editors
Editors

Didn't want to make a huge deal out of it so it's really just been between Cynagen and myself

Well thanks for helping out. :) (and I'll keep this news to myself ;))

Logged into the server last night and the connection was good, 61ms. Set up a character for myself (you'll like the name) and played through most of the Prelude.

I've never played a game using a server-side character before. Are the characters available to anyone who logs into the server, or are the characters I create tied to my specific NWN online login?

I don't mind sharing...if I have to :wink:

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2008, 23:14 

Didn't want to make a huge deal out of it so it's really just been between Cynagen and myself

Well thanks for helping out. :) (and I'll keep this news to myself ;))

Logged into the server last night and the connection was good, 61ms. Set up a character for myself (you'll like the name) and played through most of the Prelude.

I've never played a game using a server-side character before. Are the characters available to anyone who logs into the server, or are the characters I create tied to my specific NWN online login?

I don't mind sharing...if I have to :wink:

Characters are tied to your account, so, if you played through most of the prelude, I might have to sign on and catch up, then I can change us to Chapter 1 so we can continue on. My eventual hope is to attract enough people that we just run into each other playing the game doing missions and doing a few co-op.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2008, 15:56 

Didn't even realise you put it up. D:

Question though, do you use CEP?

edit: What version is the server running? :S

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next