Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 11:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2008, 20:58 
Founder
Founder

Stecchino and the fine folks over at the 83rd Division have invited the WSGF to join them for a weekly frag fest each Saturday. They run a number of modded servers with custom maps, and maintain an atmosphere and attitude that mirrors ours here at the WSGF.

Say thanks by joining in the fun this Saturday, and let is know how you fare.

[83rd] FAQ: HERE
[83rd] Public TeamSpeak: 70.84.50.236:7005 , Password: thunderbolt

[83rd] Public Call of Duty 4 Server Rules

[list]Rule #1: No racism, taunting, whining, or any abusive or obnoxious behavior
Rule #2: No profanity or offensive language (in any language)
Rule #3: No recruiting or advertising for your clan, your server, or anything else
Rule #4: No clan stacking, members must split evenly between the teams
Rule #5: No offensive or potentially offensive names, annoying names
Rule #6: Cooperate with the Admins or be prepared to leave
Rule #7: No air striking within 30 seconds of beginning of round
Rule #8: Do NOT attack enemy spawn excessively--fight fairly[/list:u]
All are:
[list][*]Running in Hardcore Mode (higher lethality and slimmed down HUD)[/*:m]
[*]Punkbuster-Enabled[/*:m]
[*]Stream from PBBans master ban list[/*:m]
[*]Stream from Punksbusted master ban list[/*:m]
[*]Runing B3 in the background (Big Brother Bot)[/*:m][/list:u]

The server numbers are just for identification purposes

Server #1: 208.100.47.65:28930
Stock/Modded: Stock
Friendly Fire: On
Rotation: Team Deathmatch/Headquarters
Additional Info:
We are currently running a TK plugin that automatically punishes and removes repeat teamkillers. You can forgive a teammate by simply typing !f name (<-"name" can be any unique part of your teammate's name) or type !fa to simply forgive all teammates. Typing !fl will yield a list of offending teammates that you may forgive.

Server #2: 64.34.249.173:28930
Stock/Modded: Stock
Friendly Fire: Reflect
Rotation: Search & Destroy/Team Deathmatch/Sabotage
Additional Info:
Our Search & Destroy settings have 1 respawn (two total lives per round). Simply press 'F' or your 'Use' key to respawn. The rule is no air striking is allowed in the first 30 seconds and no excessive spawn killing/camping. Server #2 is in the top 1% of Call of Duty 4 servers worldwide (according to GameTracker).

Server #3: 64.34.249.174:28930
Stock/Modded: Modded
Friendly Fire: On
Rotation: Headquarters/Capture the Flag (back)/Team Deathmatch + some Sabotage and Hold the Flag
Additional Info:
We run a variety of high quality custom maps on the AWE4 mod which also features Prestige Mode.

FAQ/FYI for Server 3 is HERE. This is helpful info--please read.

It's recommended, though not absolutely necessary that players download the maps ahead of time. For everyone's convenience, the maps can be acquired in easy-to-digest map packs HERE.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2008, 22:12 

I've personally been a visitor to WSGF for years and a forum member for a little while now. In a nutshell, WSGF rocks! Ibrin and crew have done a wonderful job bulding up this incredible resource of a website with a mature, helpful, like-minded community backing it. I've found it especially helpful in recent months while building and tweaking my TH2Go system (still in progress). WSGF is a great community and are always welcome over at 83Division.com, our game servers, and voice server.

Likewise, we think you'll find the [83rd] a great place to hang your boots for your Call of Duty 4 needs and to frag with your fellow WSGF'ers.

Each of the three servers feature a little something different. No map+gametype combination on a given server is repeated on any one of the others. There is something for everyone and we keep adding new high quality custom maps to server #3, keeping the replayability factor sky high.

We hope you'll have fun over there and I hope to see some of you at the end of my sights soon :D

Best,
Stec

Note Regarding Punkbuster and TH2G Resolutions:
To those of you who haven't really tried the multiplayer of Call of Duty 4, you're missing out! But to those of you who have and were hoping to use your TH2G, you'll have to realize that disabling PunkBuster for CoD 4 is an open invitation for hackers and cheaters (ask me how I know :x ) and that's why we're obliged keep all the servers PB-enabled, among other security measures.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2008, 22:48 

Maybe if you host the server, allow a fov greater then 85 (or something like that) :wink:

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2008, 23:02 
Founder
Founder

I'm not sure that's possible. If there was a way to get around PB with TH2Go, we would have found it. But, let's hold that discussion for another thread.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2008, 23:10 
Editors
Editors

Very cool news! I really like the fact that you have multiple gameplay/map combinations.

Now I just need CoD4 to drop from the absurd $50 price point.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2008, 02:28 

Rule #1: No racism, taunting, whining, or any abusive or obnoxious behavior
Rule #2: No profanity or offensive language (in any language)
Rule #3: No recruiting or advertising for your clan, your server, or anything else
Rule #4: No clan stacking, members must split evenly between the teams
Rule #5: No offensive or potentially offensive names, annoying names
Rule #6: Cooperate with the Admins or be prepared to leave
Rule #7: No air striking within 30 seconds of beginning of round
Rule #8: Do NOT attack enemy spawn excessively--fight fairly

But you can say things like: "Golly gee wilikers" "You just sunk my battleship" "Gosh Darn It" "funny you just decapitated me, that's nice - thank you"

In other words... no fun...

I can see (and TOTALLY SUPPORT) the no racism thing, I even support the no swearing thing (I can't stand it when people use bad language), but to not SMACK TALK, come on man, grow up and have some fun !!! (That's an oxi-moron if ever I heard one). That's what this is all about, havin' fun and SMACK TALKIN'. That's what makes me laugh !!! Example: Someone frags me 10 times and I finally frag 'em back once and say "Finally, you ate my nuggets" (since my name is punknugget), why would anyone get offended? First of all, that person fragged me 10 times to my 1 frag. Also, if you have the right balance about it you'll pick on yourself too. Now watch, they'll make a rule about THAT - NO CALLING YOURSELF NAMES - OR YOU'RE OUT !!! :w00t

Just my opinion. Who knows, maybe doing the way you have it laid out is better, since most people don't understand that "balance" and knowing when to lay off of someone. At least a few of us that have played long enough online know the difference. Too bad it has to be this stringent. Again, this is just my opinion... Later... PNug...

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2008, 02:36 
Founder
Founder

1 - Please be nice to folks who are coming in and extending an invitation to us.
2 - I don't see anything that says no smack talk. I do see items that go above and beyond normal verbal jabs.

When I play online, I don't want to hear taunting, whining, abusive or obnoxious behavior. I get enough of that type of behavior from my 4 year old. I don't need to hear it from people who should know better. When I was a kid they would have said, "Be a good sport." But apparently they don't teach that in school anymore, and you have to spell it out for people.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2008, 02:46 

Hey Ibrin,

I just changed a few things that I said so others (including you) would better understand where I'm coming from. Funny you should say 4 year old. I have one too (and a 2.5 year old). So i know about that "whining" thing. Maybe I read too much into the statement about "taunting" and/or "obnoxious behavior." To me that sounds a lot like SMACK TALKIN'. Again, just my opinion... Later, PNug...

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2008, 10:56 

PunkNugget,
Kind of like speed limits on American interstate highways, the rules are there in case we need them. Nothing on our servers is Nazi-like. Friendly jabs and "smack talk" are pretty much non-stop so long as they are in good fun. It's just about respect, nothing more, nothing less.

Ibrin is exactly right. Some people just don't get it and since we have public servers with thousands of visitors a month we encouter ALL types and it's necessary to spell things out for the not so bright ones. Some people just take things too far and I think we've all run into the 'tards that this rule is in place for :roll:

We've never had any complaints about our rules from people who actually play there. Rest assured, all is in balance. :wink:

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2008, 05:14 

Just my opinion. Who knows, maybe doing the way you have it laid out is better, since most people don't understand that "balance" and knowing when to lay off of someone. At least a few of us that have played long enough online know the difference. Too bad it has to be this stringent. Again, this is just my opinion... Later... PNug...

Unfortunately it is the few that have the balance... on our TS you will find us talking smack, especially the better we know each other.

The rules have come from years of trying to run fun servers. If you want to see how bad it could be play COD4 on XBOX360 for awhile.

Anyway Punk, if you would care to join us... you can come talk smack to me all you want :) (of course, your going to get schooled, but you might kill me once or twice :lol: )

~Nitro

PS: :x I personally hate Stec for showing us this website :x
...because now I'm trying to decide which kid to sell for the screens, triplehead and new gaming rig :shock: 8) :lol: