Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 06:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2007, 02:38 

We're all gamers, and we're all leet nerds with more then likely high end hardware. We should try to get together with other people in the WSGC while gaming.

My Xfire s/n is - Asciiguy

And for those of you that somehow don't know about Xfire read below

Xfire is a messenger solely designed for gamers. It is programmed to detect over a thousand games and will then list what game you are currently playing a few secs after you launch it and will show what server you are on if doing multiplayer and can then view info about the server, and you don't have do do anything, you can then join them by launching through xfire, but where xfire truly shines is the fact that by hitting 2 keys together you can talk while in any game without having to go to desktop which rocks the. The in game menu is very easy to use. for those of you that are forum trolls you can get a signature that is live and will tell people the game you played most this week and will even tell them what game you are currently playing. *I was asked to removed mine a year ago b/c of the bandwidth usage seeing as how I had it in my signature on here* so don't try it on here :)

Example below

Also Xfire has been and will ALWAYS remain free. There is no catch, no spyware, nothing of the sort. it uses little system resources and is also vista compatible as of right now.

What if you wonder if you won't know anyone, well that's the point of this post BUT xfire will show friends of friends meaning some people on your friends account will show up on yours and you can initiate a convo with them and perhaps say "I play that game too"

If your a VoIP user with 1 click you can setup a 1v1 vent server without ever trying to find one just so you can talk to a friend.

http://www.xfire.com

I personally run Xfire and Trillian and I have every messaging program covered.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2007, 13:14 
Editors
Editors

It can be very annoying though if they release a poor update which starts crashing your games. Also, a lot of the time when you use a hack to get a widescreen res on a game, xfire will crash it as it can't properly do whatever it does to allow ingame chat.

Still though, ive used it since it came out now..

DAMN YOU WoW! /weep

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2007, 14:58 

I have never ever had any problems with xfire eZ, ive been using it for over 2 years now. Since I have gotten it i use it the most.

My username is thedafox, maybe we could set up a WSGF group/clan on there.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2007, 15:12 

A bastard ass ex-friend of mine took the name Cynagen on the Xfire network before I could get it. I even tried to get him to stop stealing my name and registering it everywhere with that retarded capital N, no luck, hence why I don't like him too much anymore.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2007, 15:31 

packerfan was taken so I used my other alias so to speak musicallysilent

I should start using it more :oops:

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2007, 16:18 

packerfan was taken so I used my other alias so to speak muicallysilent

I would like to point out his S/N is actually "musicallysilent"

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2007, 16:01 

Heh, I don't use it much anymore though. D:

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2007, 00:07 
Editors
Editors

Here's mine, I tried making one that had atleast Frank in it, all of them were taken, hence the kinda stupid name. 8)

Username is bullittnl89.

Good idea about the clan/group thing DaFox. :)

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2007, 01:32 

Here's mine, I tried making one that had atleast Frank in it, all of them were taken, hence the kinda stupid name. 8)

Username is bullittnl89.

Good idea about the clan/group thing DaFox. :)

Hehe ive had you on my xfire before I even new you (Bullitt) was you (FrankB)

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2007, 23:36 

I always see problems with Xfire. I never run it, but I often see patch notes on games saying they fixed the issues when running Xfire. I read about performance issues, etc.

It seems like a pretty cool program though.