Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 03:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 26 May 2007, 21:06 

I noticed that Test Drive Unlimited (TDU) doesn't yet have a page in the Wiki/list. I did a search in the forums, and there are 3 threads (not counting this one) about the game. All of these either state, or at least imply, that TDU supports widescreen natively, and the support seems to be Hor+. One of the threads even has several multimonitor, surround-display screenshots. It appears that the HUD (and possibly other parts of the game interface) are stretched, but the in-game visuals (cars, road, scenery, etc) look just fine. I've read on the Atari forums that a LOT of people have complaints about bugs in the game, and continual delays of the latest patch. However, it seems widescreen support has been there, even as early as the beta releases of TDU.

Game Information

Publisher: Atari
Developer: Eden Games
Genre: Racing ("Massively Open Online Racing" according to Atari.com)
Release Date: March (20 or 28) 2007
Players: 1 (Massively Multiplayer)
Version: Retail

(from Atari.com)
With the ability for thousands of gamers to play simultaneously, Test Drive® Unlimited is M.O.O.R.: Massively Open Online Racing. This is a truly unprecedented experience for racing gamers and is the ultimate automotive experience for car and bike enthusiasts alike. Once in the game, players can visit the most sophisticated car and bike dealers to purchase new vehicles or simply take them for a spin. Gamers can then participate in 8 player races or take vehicles for a drive on over 1000 miles of diverse Hawaiian roads and pass by thousands of other real players. Players can also collect and trade rare performance parts and customize vehicles. Finally, gamers win races, challenges, missions and tournaments to earn credits and purchase new cars, bikes, rare performance parts, clothes, apparel, homes and garages.

Widescreen Support

- Method: Native

- Screen change: Hor +

Surround Gaming support
- Method: Native

- Screen change: Hor + (+++...lol)

Known Issues
???

Condensed detailed report
- MGL Classification: Hor +
- Widescreen method: Native
- Resolution support: Possibly Full?
- Singleplayer anomalies: ???
- Aspect ratio support: Full?
- HUD stretch: Stretch
- Cut-scenes: ???
- FMV correction: ???
- Calculated grade: ???

WSGF links
- Detailed Report: ???

External links
TestDriveUnlimited.com

PostPosted: 26 May 2007, 21:54 
Editors
Editors

Surround Gaming support
- Method: ???
It works out of the box in Surround.

PostPosted: 26 May 2007, 22:16 

cool...editing original post accordingly

PostPosted: 27 May 2007, 03:44 
Insiders
Insiders

I just added TDU to the MGL. But if you want it to say "Hor +," you have to provide some screenshots, one at a 4:3 resolution, another at a 16:10 resolution. Further detail requires a detailed report.

PostPosted: 28 May 2007, 17:16 

As I don't have the game myself, I won't be able to provide said screenshots, as yet. However, there is a screenshot of the game in both standard and widescreen in this thread, by MAXLD. Additionally, there are even some surround screenshots over here, by Paddy the Wak.

**edit**
Oh, and from MAXLD's screens (first link), it looks like the interface (HUD) is actually NOT stretched at standard widescreen ratios (16:9, 16:10), but only at multimonitor, surround resolutions.