Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:51

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: squ1zzy hacks in wiki
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 15:03 

I saw some old wikipedia pages, and i think when we add these patches from squ1zzy that it is great.

Click here

must be added to the MGL:

Albatross 18
EA Sports Cricket 07
EA Sports FIFA 07
EA Sports NBA Live 07
EA Sports NHL 06 Official League
Soldier of Fortune
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II

Another hack maded for
Need For Speed Carbon (maybe add it also)
Need For Speed Underground <- update needed
Need For Speed Underground 2 <- aslo
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Prince fo Persia: Warrior Within
Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos
X-Men: The Official Game

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 16:11 
Insiders
Insiders

Before adding new methods to the MGL to replace existing methods, I think it's important that we have comparison screenshots first. For example, SoF2's current method increases the FOV, making the game hor +. I don't know if the hack does this too. If it is vert - with the new hack, then it would be better not to replace the old method with the new hack.

Also, there's a hierarchy of methods. All other things being equal, whichever method is the highest on the hierarchy gets to be listed on the MGL, and hacks are at the bottom of the hierarchy. Look at Albatross18 for example. The solution thread has a link to Squ1zzy's hack for the sake of convenience, but the original registry solution is still documented.

Also, you can't "add" games to category pages unless there's an existing page for them. Most of the games you listed have no existing wiki page.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 16:17 

That is true, but can't there be a reference just like "The Bard's Tale (2004) " So there is an indication for games who have only a widescreen hack

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 17:05 
Insiders
Insiders

It doesn't work like that. A category is a list of pages, not a list of games. The way you add a page to a category is by adding a header to the page, and the category will update itself. If you were to look at the wiki code of the Hack category, you would notice that not a single game is referenced in it.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 22:13 

Ah, didn't know that it worked that way, so first someone have to make a (detailed report) before it could be added to the MGL?

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 23:41 
Founder
Founder

I have created some pages for games without enough info for a Detailed Report. You can see those here:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Incomplete_Entry

I am trying to get through the list and build pages for each game, with what info we have. If you're open to helping with that, we can certainly give you a primer and show you the templates we use.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2007, 00:05 
Insiders
Insiders

so first someone have to make a (detailed report) before it could be added to the MGL?

If it's a brand new solution, then a solution thread that the MGL can link to is good enough. But if it's replacing an old solution, or if it's a "DIY hack" solution (such as Artmoney) I'd want to see screenshots first.

A detailed report is required in order to get certification, but there are many games on the MGL that there are no detailed reports for.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2007, 09:29 

I have created some pages for games without enough info for a Detailed Report. You can see those here:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Incomplete_Entry

I am trying to get through the list and build pages for each game, with what info we have. If you're open to helping with that, we can certainly give you a primer and show you the templates we use.

If you don't mind it, i could help you with that.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2007, 14:25 
Founder
Founder

If you don't mind it, i could help you with that.

Mind? I'd love the help. I won't be available for the next couple days, due to the day job. If you can head to the IRC, Bongo should be able to get you a Wiki login and help you out. I'll also provide the link to the templating system.

Have you ever worked on a Wiki before?

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2007, 14:46 
Editors
Editors

[quote]If you don't mind it, i could help you with that.

Mind? I'd love the help. I won't be available for the next couple days, due to the day job. If you can head to the IRC, Bongo should be able to get you a Wiki login and help you out. I'll also provide the link to the templating system.

Have you ever worked on a Wiki before?

I'll fix a wiki account for you if you visit the chat. I can get you started with the code if you need any help.

Just a note. I'm usually online (GMT+1)19:00-way too late. Just come online in the chat and change your nick so i'll recognize you and i'll look you up.