Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: WSGF Guild Wars Guild
PostPosted: 03 Mar 2007, 12:20 

Hey Ibrin, havent talked to you yet.. so Hey :D

Nice site you've got here, helped me a lot.

Anyway back on topic, what kind of end game content is there in Guild Wars? I dont know if I want to grind bosses over and over agian. :P
Its PvP focused isnt it? Thats what I would like to do anyway... didn't do much PvP in WoW when I played so I want to get into that in GW's.

There are several (sometimes extremely hard) elite missions.
But of course there's the PvP part of the game, which is a very important one. Guild Wars allows you to choose... the most I do these days in the game is PvP (GvG actually). It's a lot of fun, very competitive.
Expect a much bigger challenge than PvE though. In PvE basically any skillbar can get you through, for PvP, you'll actually have to think what's going to be best for you and your team.
Only to find out the other team has just set itself up with the perfect skills to counter yours... :roll:
Also make sure you have one character slot free for a PvP character if you really intend to get into there. It allows you to have the perfect builds without having to grind the campaign for the items you need.
Of course if you want the perfect stats and specific good looks, you'll be in for a lot of grinding to get a single character ready for PvP. It can be done, but should be considered an achievement in itself :)

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2007, 12:59 

There are several (sometimes extremely hard) elite missions.
But of course there's the PvP part of the game, which is a very important one. Guild Wars allows you to choose... the most I do these days in the game is PvP (GvG actually). It's a lot of fun, very competitive.
Expect a much bigger challenge than PvE though. In PvE basically any skillbar can get you through, for PvP, you'll actually have to think what's going to be best for you and your team.
Only to find out the other team has just set itself up with the perfect skills to counter yours... :roll:
Also make sure you have one character slot free for a PvP character if you really intend to get into there. It allows you to have the perfect builds without having to grind the campaign for the items you need.
Of course if you want the perfect stats and specific good looks, you'll be in for a lot of grinding to get a single character ready for PvP. It can be done, but should be considered an achievement in itself :)

Sounds very interesting, I've been checking out some reviews and I am liking what I have been reading about the game.

Well I will most likely get the game, its only $50 Australian, and then no monthly fee's.... but will I need to get Factions and Nightfall to keep leveling or anything like that?

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2007, 18:18 

but will I need to get Factions and Nightfall to keep leveling or anything like that?

No, you don't really need them.

They will benefit you however, particularly in PvP.
Each chapter brings a few new character classes, and a load of new skills. For PvP, it is tbh very limiting if you have only one chapter.
In the guild I'm part of (X-Universe), it's hard for people to get onto GvG battles if they don't have all 3 chapters. All because of the skills required in the build we made that's mixed up of all 3.

One might go as far as social blackmail... as you will be at a disadvantage compared to players who do have all chapters. Other players make you want it all (passively). But with hundreds of skills in each chapter, of which you have to choose only 8, there are plenty of options still to make a good build.

The level is capped at level 20. This is no different in any of the chapters. Your characters will be able to reach full strength. The only thing you'll be missing is a bit of versatility. Less options to choose from. But not less powerful.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2007, 07:31 

No, you don't really need them.

They will benefit you however, particularly in PvP.
Each chapter brings a few new character classes, and a load of new skills. For PvP, it is tbh very limiting if you have only one chapter.

One might go as far as social blackmail... as you will be at a disadvantage compared to players who do have all chapters.

Well I will get the game and if I like it(Which is almost certain), I will get the next chapters.

Thanks for the reply's Xwarrior. :)

Edit: The client is downloading now.. so I will be playing in a bit I guess.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2007, 11:29 

Apple, i think you will like GW, For a while.
I bought GW when it first came out and il admit it was worth the money. But a few months down the road all my guildies and friends started droping out. And i soon did the same.

What happens with GW is, your practically spoon fed atleast back when i played there was no reason to farm, do any of the high end missions so once you beat the PvE campaign theres not much else reasont to continue PvE Like you can keep going in PvE but theres no point, you beat the game, the high end missions are side storys. You wont get any better items from there, you already got the best items in the game before you finshed the game.

And then back when i played all we did for PvP all the time was Tombs and Guild vs Guild, It was fun for awhile but it got old quick.

If they would have had some bigger better random match pvp like WoW does and a bigger verity of items to FIND (not be spoon fed them) It would be tons of fun.

Oh and the lack of jumping just kills me >.<

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2007, 14:38 

Well I have the game now, just set it up (graphics etc) made a character "Page Applen" so I will be checking it out for a while solo I guess then I will join the guild.

Edit: I deleted that character, and im going to make a new one soon.. just deciding what profession to do.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2007, 20:28 

Well I have the game now, just set it up (graphics etc) made a character "Page Applen" so I will be checking it out for a while solo I guess then I will join the guild.

Edit: I deleted that character, and im going to make a new one soon.. just deciding what profession to do.

I kinda forget how GW works but i know atleast your second "profession" does not matter very much, late in the PvE game you are able to change it.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2007, 10:32 

I kinda forget how GW works but i know atleast your second "profession" does not matter very much, late in the PvE game you are able to change it.

Im a Ranger/Warrior...
They seem like they will work together ok. my name is Wilt Sho. thats just a random name I made up. So I guess I will join the guild whenever your ready Ibrin or Gilly

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2007, 20:16 

Ahhh... ranger, my first class ever.

Rangers own the rest, but the rest doesn't understand.

And yeah, don't worry too much about that secondary class... it really is secondary.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2007, 20:16 
Insiders
Insiders

m not in the guild hehe, need to install it on the new machine (rebuild) and then get into the guild.

DC3217IYE | 1x4GB Vengeance | 64GB M4 | TX-42VT20E

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next