Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Site Redesign Launched
PostPosted: 29 May 2006, 19:47 
Founder
Founder

Interesting.

Not sure why it's "interesting." We had been discussing a Wiki in the Mod & Insider sections since last year. If you remember, I asked if you would be interested in combining efforts here, rather than split the resources, info and community between two sites. And, you declined that request. It's all about being able to create dynamic content, and have it editable by a number of people (rather than just me). I found the Wiki software to be best suited for this.

PostPosted: 30 May 2006, 02:29 

[quote]Interesting.

Not sure why it's "interesting." We had been discussing a Wiki in the Mod & Insider sections since last year. If you remember, I asked if you would be interested in combining efforts here, rather than split the resources, info and community between two sites. And, you declined that request. It's all about being able to create dynamic content, and have it editable by a number of people (rather than just me). I found the Wiki software to be best suited for this.

Huh? I never implied anything.

If you want me to expand on my comment, I found the setup interesting. Eg, insiders only being able to edit the wiki, etc.. Nothing else. :?

PostPosted: 30 May 2006, 05:02 
Founder
Founder

If you want me to expand on my comment, I found the setup interesting. Eg, insiders only being able to edit the wiki, etc.. Nothing else. :?

Ah, well, that. Over the years we've had some problems with people providing innacurate or conflicting information. We're going to continue to use the forum so that anyone can come in and provide their take or input. The Wiki will be used to distill out the verified solutions and data.

PostPosted: 30 May 2006, 10:56 

i think the new "video cards" Section is somewhat confusing.

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Master_Video_Card_List

People may look at it and think those are the only cards that support widescreen. There are no AGP cards listed, which could really frighten n00bz. :(

what tests/prerequites does a card need to get a mention on that page? Or would it be better to list all the cards with KNOWN ISSUES (which i imagine would be a smaller list)

PostPosted: 30 May 2006, 12:34 
Founder
Founder

These are the only cards that had been listed in forum reviews. I'll add a disclaimer at the top that says we're building a comprehensive list for reference.