Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:08

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Gaming videos forum.
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2006, 19:44 
Insiders
Insiders

i could do some UT2004 ones, and as soon as the 2X07's are out in WS as well, someone has lost their UT disk though ey tamlin :P

DC3217IYE | 1x4GB Vengeance | 64GB M4 | TX-42VT20E

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2006, 09:54 

Filefront does have some european servers, I saw them once, but they never showed up again in that server list again...
Good news everyone, FrankB is right, Filefront does indeed have European servers, in fact they have a "World" server too, though I'm not sure where either are located. I did find out from one of the admins of their Far Cry forum though, that in Europe they have just one 150 slot server.

OK, now I'll explain why you were not seeing those servers in the list from my link. It has to be a file that has been submitted directly to Filefront, rather than just uploaded to one's personal Filefront filepage. Every file submitted directly to Filefront that I've checked so far shows one World, and one European server in the download list.

I submitted about 20 files to Filefront before I started making widescreen videos. I found out after they had been transferred over from my personal filepage, and were no longer accessable to me for rearranging and modifying. It also takes longer to submit them, rather than just upload them to your filepage. Thus, I stopped submitting them that way. Little did I know in doing that I was making it harder for those overseas to download my videos, I apologize for that.

Those of you living anywhere but North America, please try downloading this one that HAS been submitted to Filefront's world database. This is my very first video with in game sound. Far Cry's Regulator level, Realistic mode, 9:41 level time, no scratch.

Music is Bleeding Me, and Enter Sandman, by Metallica. Please reply as to your download time, which server you tried, and what country you're located in. Thanks, your input is vital as to determining if this will solve our video sharing dilema.

There are enough people on other forums I visit that are from Europe to make submitting them to Filefront's world database worthwhile to me, even if the video forum idea doesn't catch on here, but I'd still like your input for comparison. Sorry I didn't see this before, I hope those of you whom thought a video forum to be a good idea are still interested.:wink:

Sabotage: Path to Chaos (138MB)
Far Cry's Regulator level

(EDITED)
Oddly enough when I just tried this link (1 AM US West Coast time), the Euro, World, and a US server all were DLing at about the same speed, tapering off after 30 seconds or so to about 360kbps with my 7Mb connection speed.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2006, 15:34 
Founder
Founder

I uploaded the file here. I had to change the name a bit, as the brackets gave the BBCode in phpBB hell. Let me know what DL speeds you can hit.

I've still got this file here, and would like to do a stress test. We've got people in all time zones, so let's find some time that works for as many people as possible.

Would mid-day in the US, and early evening in the UK work for everyone? Say, 12noon CST, which would be 10am on the US west coast, 1pm on the US east coast, and 6pm UK. Not sure what that would be for Norway and Sweden, but shouldn't be too much past that (I don't think).

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2006, 17:12 

That works for me, just name the day.
I get about 180Kb/s, and it says it takes about 11-12min. I'm located in Texas, Mountain Time zone, so that means for me it should be 11am.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2006, 22:35 
Editors
Editors

I´m ok with the time, GMT +1 hour for me. Just put up a date as a suggestion so I know if I can help.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2006, 02:35 

No disrespect, but I feel no one is giving what I asked a try. There are 1 Euro and one World server in the above link I just posted. Will some of you that are not from the Americas please try one of those servers and tell me what your download speed is? It is not the same network the first link leads you to. :wink:

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2006, 04:36 

Why dont we simply add a "Videos" forum under "Screenshots". Include a "Rules" and whaterr else thread. and let people start posting in there. Then people can host using whatever they want. It would be easier IMO.

Rapidshare is a good one. There are a bunch of free media hosting web sites. But let it be the users choice where they want it up'd. They can even put them in ZIP/RAR files and upload it to wherever. The whole concept is pretty simple and we should execute in the same manner.

/just a suggestion...

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2006, 06:05 
Founder
Founder

And, a good one at that. How's this?

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/

Also check out the new forum name for Screenshots.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2006, 06:40 
Founder
Founder

I´m ok with the time, GMT +1 hour for me. Just put up a date as a suggestion so I know if I can help.

How about Monday, 12noon CST. That won't interfere with the weekend, or Friday night festivities.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2006, 08:50 
Editors
Editors

12 noon CTS... that would be what time in the Netherlands? :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next