Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2006, 23:52 
Editors
Editors

To bad you can´t edit posts here. I would have removed mine if I could because I pushed reply button before you answered yourself.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2006, 03:13 
Founder
Founder

To bad you can´t edit posts here. I would have removed mine if I could because I pushed reply button before you answered yourself.

I've fixed that. You can now edit your own posts here.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2006, 01:14 

Hi, great widget but I have 1 problem with it.

It always starts in the middle of my desktop. I want it to start in the bottom left and stay they but after every reboot its back to the middle. I tried unselecting the start with windows check box the repositioning and the re checking but no joy.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Scott

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2006, 10:33 
Editors
Editors

Unfortunatly there is not a lot I can do about it ... as it will always appear where I made it ... Sorry it's the way the program works ... :(

I will look into it ... if I find solution I'll let you know ... 8)

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2006, 00:27 

Cheers, I thought it was me being thick for a minute.

Scott

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2006, 13:21 
Editors
Editors

Hey Guys ...
I have finally created a new exclusive Widescreen Gaming Forum desktop widget/object with the new logo ... :shock: :D

The two glass globes revolve in different directions and the cog rotates anti-clockwise.
It is a standalone exe program ... and uses very very little if not any cpu ... :D

This one will save the position you choose on your desktop ... :D

Disclaimer:
Copyright widescreengamingforum.com
This is a free to use desktop object/widget it is exclusive to the Widescreen Gaming forum and may not be distributed.
Download and install at your own risk.

Download ... Click Here - I'm about 5.5MB

To use ...
You need WinRar to unzip ... Click here download WinRar
When unzipped just double click the exe to start up the "cog".
The cog can be moved to where you like on your screen by holding down the left mouse button and dragging it to a new location.

Double click the cog in the middle to shortcut to the WSGF.
The clear "glass" outer earth is a recycle bin ... it accepts drag and drop just like the windows one ... right click it for a menu or double click to open.

Also ... there should be an icon in your system tray.
If you right click it you will see that there a few options in the pop up menu ... Hide ... Close ... Preferences ... and About

Preferences allows you to alter some settings like shadows ... transparency ... whether it is to auto start when windows starts etc.

Just for information ...
To use the Recycle Bin in the widget rather than your normal windows one you can either hide your desktop icons by right clicking your desktop choose ... Arrange Icons By ... ... and un-tick the option Show Desktop Icons or just cover up the windows recycle bin with the cog widget.

Please let me know what you think ... I would appreciate any feedback.

Enjoy .... :D

@ Ibrin ... Please could you update the download page ... thanks.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2006, 13:25 
Editors
Editors

Does anyone think the blue glow should be bigger and/or brighter ?

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2006, 13:29 
Editors
Editors

Looks awesome mate. I'll give it a thorought try tonight. :D

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2006, 13:35 
Editors
Editors

Does anyone think the blue glow should be bigger and/or brighter ?

Looks really good. I like it.

About the glow part. Can you make it customizable in the client? If I use a bright background I don´t want the blue glow to get in the way. But if I use a dark background a more brighter and bigger glowing effect would be nice. Not the answer you were looking for but I think it depends on everyones desktop. I use a bright wallpaper so I like the fact it is not to bright. But if I change to a dark one I might want it brighter. Any chance of making it a client option?

ps. my cog rotates counter clockwise like the one on the site. Not clockwise like you wrote.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2006, 14:28 
Editors
Editors

About the glow part. Can you make it customizable in the client? If I use a bright background I don´t want the blue glow to get in the way. But if I use a dark background a more brighter and bigger glowing effect would be nice. Not the answer you were looking for but I think it depends on everyones desktop. I use a bright wallpaper so I like the fact it is not to bright. But if I change to a dark one I might want it brighter. Any chance of making it a client option?

ps. my cog rotates counter clockwise like the one on the site. Not clockwise like you wrote.

Thanks for the feedback ...
I can't make it a client option but you can allways turn the glow off and make it a shadow instead ... in the Preferences.
The shadow can be hard, soft ... darker or lighter ... :D

Based on this would you like the glow stronger ?

The typo ... :roll: ... that's what you get when you copy n paste without thoughly checking things ... :mrgreen: ... I've corrected it thanks ... 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next