Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 05:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: WSGF Approved Game
PostPosted: 06 May 2007, 05:54 

i think there are about 70 games published annually (from memory) which i think is doable considering how many people will initially take up the offer for a little image

there's more games than that, but from big publishers with big recognition, i could easily see that number area. And how are you so sure these companies will chomp at the bit for another sticker logo?

PostPosted: 06 May 2007, 09:11 

ahhh exactly they need some sort of incentive

if we can sell the logo as a guarentee to a more enjoyable, better, prettier pc gaming experience that creates a richer gaming experience. Only a premium game has the WSGF logo

which isn't the easiest thing in the world

we should start by targeting indy/smaller devs and set ourselves long term and short term objectives which could include:
-so many devs on bandwagon at a certain time
-content/assistence to dev and their customers (mostly taken care)
-a games database exactly what does exist

and im sure there are other sugestions that others will contribute to becasue my list ain't complete

so some of the ground work is done and this is feasible project :D

edit: a common incentive in this situation is actually advertising which would require some creative thinking

eg. the nvidia "The way it is meant to be played" gimmick is because the game developer/publisher gets a little bit of marketing done for them :D

PostPosted: 24 May 2007, 03:08 

ahhh exactly they need some sort of incentive

eg. the nvidia "The way it is meant to be played" gimmick is because the game developer/publisher gets a little bit of marketing done for them :D

That's a very good thing to point out there.. We could put "Games that passed WSGF certification this month," and include links to reviews including our own reviews by our users (or just a link to the forums review section.) We also might want to have a WSGF TH2Go Native certification, and a TH2Go Hackable cert for those games that aren't native, but can be hacked right out of the box for TH2Go. This could be a dual edged sword for us, befriend Matrox by helping to put TH2Go out there with certifications, and thus, get their backing on our certification, and get game companies in on free advertising on our website for the games that passed certification. This is starting to sound better... I hope somebody is putting together some sort of business model we can start running with. I'm more than willing to help by putting down my cert sticker ideas.

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2007, 04:52 

I would suggest contacting Steam Powered. Many of their popular games (Counter-Strike:Source) support WS stock. It wouldnt be asking them to print it on their boxes, but to add the WSG logo on their releases which are all over the net. Its easy for them to add the logo.

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2007, 15:30 

Yea I would contact valve because they never disappoint us with their games that work in widescreen and some with triplehead

Day of Defeat
Counter Strike
Half Life

Note: The monitors that support 3:4 are like the some dell monitors that are 4:3 and have a stand which you rotate and the image flips to portrait 3:4.