Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:52

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Long time lurker - hiya!
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2014, 21:04 

Sup WSGF!

I've been a long time lurker of the site and a user of fixes for a while now. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their feedback on games, that helps a ton when I'm working through issues with HUDs and stretching and so on. I'm hoping that I can help out folks too with my feedback :D

I've been recently experimenting with the latest fix for The Evil Within by Hayden which was added into Flawless Widescreen just a while back. Unfortunately with the update it broke functionality and I can't get Flawless Widescreen to (un)install anything. I also can't install anything new :( bummer

So the reason for all this - Hayden's been hit with the Drupal exploit, so his site's down (well, the webserver in general - personally I'd rm -rf drupal ;D) which means no one can download Flawless Widescreen, and existing users of it cannot connect to his repo here:

http://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/fws/p ... s_repo.xml

I've hit him up in the thread offering to mirror him (I work in web hosting and I'm happy to do whatever I can to help get the application working again):

http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 98#p154498

Hoping for some more visibility on the issue as well :D in case other folks are seeing these issues

Anyway, seacrest out

:triplewide:

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2014, 19:50 
Administrators
Administrators

:welcome

I am aware of the issue HaYDeN faces as I spoke with him shortly after the news of said exploit, he has plans to rebuild the site using static pages so one just needs to be patient at this time while he cleans things up.
Being that his app is able to download content from his server, should his server have been successfully hijacked it would then be possible for hackers to start plating bad data into the game fix packages which would be very dangerous indeed, as you may have gathered, HaYDeN takes great pride in his fixes (as do many other devs on this site) and ability to share these on a secured platform is paramount so for the time being all i can recommend is to watch this space and keep checking back every now and then for updates.

| Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WiFi Skt2011 | i7 4820k @4.4GHz Watercooled (Ivy Bridge-E) | Corsair Vengence 32GB @2133MHz 11-11-11-27 2T Quad-Channel (8x4GB) | AMD R9-Fury-X 4GB @1140/505MHz + EKWB Watercooled | 256GB Crucial MX200 SSD | 8x 1TB Samsung F3 SATA-II | Corsair 850W TX PSU | 3x Dell S2209W 22"wide TFT's (5760x1080res) | Logitech Z-5400 5.1ch speakers | Win7 Ultimate x64 |