Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 10:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: HI WSGF! noob here!
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2013, 19:54 

Hi My name is Jeff,

I like long walks on the beach, a nice guy who treats... wait a second sorry this isn't match.com?

anyway! New to multiple monitor set up and loving it

The past couple months I built a beast of a computer and kind of went overboard with it... "bf4 requires 3gbs of VRAM! ok Ill get 3 gtx780s then!" like I said overboard.

because I went overboard I thought to myself, either a) I just live with my mistakes and enjoy 3way sli and destroy every game I get thrown my way for the next 8-10 billion years. b) lose money by selling one of the cards (I always wanted two way sli) or c) spend even more money and get to a point my system is actually pushing itself (playing bf4 I was using 30% usage of the cpu and everything else was pretty much idle. (joke but sadly not really) obviously I went with option c.

system specs:
i7-4930k @ 3.84ghz
16gb of redline mushkin Ram @ 2133 overclockable to 2400mhz (yet to do this because I see no need to overclock overclocked components yet)
3x EVGA gtx780 classifieds.. A MONTH before the price dropped 50-80 bucks D:
1200 watt platnum cosair
H110i cpu radiator
a bunch of fans
switch 810 full tower case by nzxt (highly recommend)
IR Tracker 5
1 vortex 450 250gb ssd (os/c drive)
1 vortex 450 120gb ssd (origin drive for bf4)
2x 1tb WD velociraptor 10,000rpm HDD in RAID0 (Steam drive, I have over 350 games on steam)
4tb WD velociraptor 7,2000rpm (FRAPS and captured gameplay drive)

3x vg24qhe asus 144hz monitor in nvidia surround
1x older model viewsonic led (yet to set this up)

Looking forward to scouring the forums (now that I see you are set up with tapatalk)

quick noob question before I go off and look through the forums (and probably/hopefully find the info there)

When I am set up in nvidia surround my middle monitor looks perfect ,nothing wrong, BUT my left and right monitor seems to be stretched to the point the further right and furthest left parts of the monitors seemed "zoomed" in. Is this normal? is there a fix? I keep seeing screen shots of games I play (BF4, war thunder, skyrim, etc) with perfect aspect ratios across all monitors. Or is it a design of the nvidia surround? meaning, am I suppose to only look at the middle monitor and the left and right are stretched more and more as it gets further away to simulate peripheral vision?

Thanks all!

Jeff

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk HD

Post subject: Re: HI WSGF! noob here!
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2014, 00:59 
Editors
Editors

Hi Jeff,

:welcome and happy new Year.

i woulnd't reccomend overclocking the 780s to much. at least not on Water. On air i thinkg you will hit a Thermal limit before you can reach 1200W :rockout:

as for the Stretch. A certain Amount is "Normal" it's an anti Fisheye effect. because if you Focus the middle monitor your side monitors will show what you would normaly see. That sucks for Flight sims, but is good for fast paced shooters.

You can check out the WSGF Gallery to see what the effect looks like on other peoples Monitors/Games.

Or Skid is making a Lot of Videos in Eyefinity. You could check out his Youtube Channel. (but be aware that the resolution is 5040x1050 and not 5760x1080 so you will have black bars on the side if you maximize Youtube.)

P.S WTH is a KFAPWI

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2014, 03:02 
Administrators
Administrators

Hi and welcome! Nice system too. Haldi seems to have answered your questions.

:welcome

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2014, 04:47 

Haldi wrote:
Hi Jeff,

:welcome and happy new Year.

i woulnd't reccomend overclocking the 780s to much. at least not on Water. On air i thinkg you will hit a Thermal limit before you can reach 1200W :rockout:

as for the Stretch. A certain Amount is "Normal" it's an anti Fisheye effect. because if you Focus the middle monitor your side monitors will show what you would normaly see. That sucks for Flight sims, but is good for fast paced shooters.

You can check out the WSGF Gallery to see what the effect looks like on other peoples Monitors/Games.

Or Skid is making a Lot of Videos in Eyefinity. You could check out his Youtube Channel. (but be aware that the resolution is 5040x1050 and not 5760x1080 so you will have black bars on the side if you maximize Youtube.)

P.S WTH is a KFAPWI

Thanks Haldi! Is there a way to fix this fish eye affect? thanks a bunch!

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2014, 05:54 

nevermind I browsed through the forums and found some interesting articles ill have to read more indepth but anyway thanks for all the help and the warm welcome!

Jeff

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2014, 16:56 
Administrators
Administrators

:welcome

| Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WiFi Skt2011 | i7 4820k @4.4GHz Watercooled (Ivy Bridge-E) | Corsair Vengence 32GB @2133MHz 11-11-11-27 2T Quad-Channel (8x4GB) | AMD R9-Fury-X 4GB @1140/505MHz + EKWB Watercooled | 256GB Crucial MX200 SSD | 8x 1TB Samsung F3 SATA-II | Corsair 850W TX PSU | 3x Dell S2209W 22"wide TFT's (5760x1080res) | Logitech Z-5400 5.1ch speakers | Win7 Ultimate x64 |

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2014, 18:20 
Editors
Editors

J3ff_Ray wrote:
Thanks Haldi! Is there a way to fix this fish eye affect? thanks a bunch!

It's the contrary of a FishEye effect more like a fishtank.
The only way to fix that is if you have multiple PoV (Points of View) for each monitor.
You can reduce the effect if you increase the FoV (Field of View)
But that's all depending on the individual Game.