Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2013, 15:34 

Hey all,

Zijn here!

I used to live in England but I have moved to Belgium to pursue my love of video games. The course I am studying starts from low level (AMP, Programming, Modelling and Preproduction) all the way to the standard for the industries of Movies, Games, Architecture etc. I'm in my second year a 4 year course packed into 3 and trying to keep my head above water lol. I love what I'm doing but hey.. nothing comes easy.

Currently I have Nvidia Surround setup powered by 3x 580s and a 920 OC'd at 4.2, I'd love to upgrade but no real time to have a job even tho my Dutch is good :onethumb: .

I would really like to be able to contribute to this site though. From gaming reviews/videos (never done one but i can surely try), create banners, moderate, game test etc.

Would just love to get more involved with this community

Thanks

Zijn

:triplewide:

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2013, 22:00 
Insiders
Insiders

Zijn wrote:
Hey all,

Zijn here!

I used to live in England but I have moved to Belgium to pursue my love of video games. The course I am studying starts from low level (AMP, Programming, Modelling and Preproduction) all the way to the standard for the industries of Movies, Games, Architecture etc. I'm in my second year a 4 year course packed into 3 and trying to keep my head above water lol. I love what I'm doing but hey.. nothing comes easy.

Currently I have Nvidia Surround setup powered by 3x 580s and a 920 OC'd at 4.2, I'd love to upgrade but no real time to have a job even tho my Dutch is good :onethumb: .

I would really like to be able to contribute to this site though. From gaming reviews/videos (never done one but i can surely try), create banners, moderate, game test etc.

Would just love to get more involved with this community

Thanks

Zijn

:triplewide:

Hey there and welcome!

It's funny really, I used to live in Belgium (for one year) with work there. Currently I am in the UK and almost finished my master in Computer Animation and VFX. When I read your message I couldn't help myself and wonder why haven't you chose to remain in the UK and go to Bournemouth Uni? Frankly this is one of the best Universities in the world regarding Media content, VFX programming and artistic and even game programming.
I am really curious :) At what Uni are u attending the course in Be (Louvain)?

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2013, 01:37 
Administrators
Administrators

Hi and welcome! Probably one of the best ways to get involved is to join our IRC channel as all the admin and mods and quite a few users all lurk there and on occasion we even talk about site stuff haha.

Sounds like a fun career path.

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2013, 22:32 
Founder
Founder

I agree on joining our IRC. We also need someone to help us with our monitor list. It is woefully out of date. It's easy to do, and can be done in small amounts of time. Look forward to chatting.