Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 May 2024, 00:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2013, 00:35 

Hey guys, I am Mike, or as my user name states "MegaBlast".

I've been somewhat lurking and using mostly the smaller parts of the site and at the same time utterly confused as to how anything worked. Especially when hex editors are mentioned. The first time I ever used a hex editor was for The legend of zelda : ocarina of time and Majora's Mask. I did so to change text since it was the easiest thing to change and turned the plot from Ganondorf wanting to rule the world to him wanting to destroy Link was stealing his breakfast...as well as renaming Ganondorf to Dan Green.

Anyway I've gotten slightly better...and I do mean slightly at understanding hex thus making 2 games in wonderful (almost perfect) widescreen with the 2 games being Megaman X8 and Sonic Riders, Megaman X8's page still not being super detailed but still got it done after figuring out the hex numbers for 1280 by 720.

Anyway that's pretty much how I started here and what I did in a nutshell. My only other question is how would I go submitting screen shots to let's say...Megaman X8's page? Some previews would be nice for that page and I would like to contribute if possible.

Edit : I also want to add that I'm currently "attempting" to work Megaman X7's pc version but...well I'm completely lost on this one =c

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2013, 23:39 
Editors
Editors

:welcome

Once you've registered at the forum ( i think you also need 2-3 posts) you can edit Detailed Reports and add Screenshots.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2013, 04:52 
Administrators
Administrators

Hi and welcome!

Sounds great mate, as Haldi said after you make a few posts then you can upload screenshots to a Detailed Report. We'll give you a hand, it can feel a bit daunting initially.