Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 May 2024, 16:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello and after advice
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2012, 15:19 

Hi ive been gaming forever on consoles until about a year ago when i realized pc out shone the console in pretty much every way. i got a pc built with a single gtx 680 i overclocked it myself get about 1200 mhz out of it now got an i5 overclocked also and on a single screen it was the shit. Now i have 3 24 inch led monitors side by side and it looks great runs amazing after having a little bother with the nvidia driver messing with my alignment. i play all types of games skyrim abit of warcraft when if feeling lonely, battlefield used to play cod until i got vac banned, ghost recon which is very cool max payne and almost every other game i can get my hands on.

My questions are these

my fps on single screen was amazing not worth talking about really it was so high because the 680 worked amazingly, on 3 screens im getting about 50 fps on battledfield with msaa off which im a little annoyed about because thats what makes it beautiful so ive heard. cyrsis 2 im getting about the same with settings on extreme. now ive looked on forums and everyone says get 2 cards it makes it so much better, but after actually talking to players online because i realised it was alot easier to do that because there playing the same game i am they have been saying 2 cards no matter what makes the game stutter or skip and one card is always better than 2. All i want is to play the highest settings with awsome fps on 3 screens to much to ask lol.

And there is no need to talk about amd because ive settled on nvidia as my main cards like them alot mainly because of the cool nvidia voice when games promot it like cyrsis 2, i figure that you get what you pay for and the similarities between amd and nvidia arent actually worth talking about just like the difference from one 680 to another 680 differs slightly.

Also when playing on 3 screens do most people use then nvidia allignment settings or run it normally, it cuts off about a centermetre on each side with the allignment setting on, hasnt really bothered my online gaming still able to destroy people pretty easily. Ive been playing with it alligned just because it looks abit better i think.

Also another thing i wanted to know which i couldnt find anywhere, the gtx680 has 2 dvi ports and a hdmi port and display port, my screens have only hdmi ports, ive got 2 dvi to hdmi cables and a hdmi cable to run the pc. is there any lack of graphics that im getting by running dvi to hdmi cables on multiple screens.

Any help would be amazing and sorry properly taken advantage of the forum lol.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2012, 03:04 
Editors
Editors

:welcome

using DVI to HDMI Adapters doesn't lose any quality!

About Multi GPU and Micro stuttering.... dificult topic! There are people who say its horrible and there are people who don't even recognize it!
So it's up to you if you find it horrible or acceptable.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2012, 08:35 
Insiders
Insiders

Every multi gpu setup has microstuttering, it is just a matter of if you notice it or not. If you PSU allows it, maybe you can either borrow or buy a second 680 to test if microstuttering bothers you. If it does you can just return the card. Personaly I can't stand stuttering, so will always go for the single gpu option and just turn down settings if needed.

I would use bezel compensation if you think it looks better. Just keep in mind that those extra pixels need to be rendered, so it costs a bit of performance.

Philips BDM4065UC(3840x2160) Acer Z35(2560x1080@200hz); 980 Ti Hybrid @stock ; 6700K 4.6ghz (1.35v)/D15; 16GB 3200mhz; Asus Maximus Ranger VIII; AX860; 1TB 960 EVO; 750GB 840 EVO; Teufel Concept D 500; Sennheiser HD6XX; Windows 10 (latest build)